Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Earth to Lola!" I heard Rachel say as she waved a hand in front of my face. I shook my head quickly, trying to bring myself back to earth. I put a hand to my cheek only to find it as hot as an oven.

"You've been standing there staring at him for at least five minutes!" Rachel whispered loudly, as she took a seat next to me. I laughed silently and brushed a couple strands of hair out of my eyes. The new dance instructor moved to the middle of the gym, where he faced us all, a serious expression on his face. It did not look at all pleasant.

"Alright class, welcome to your new dance lessons. My name's Tristan, but I prefer it if you called me Mr. Grey." He eyed us sternly, as he removed a folded piece of paper out of his track pants pocket.

"I've got a list here of what is expected of you this year, including the groups you'll be working together in for the project. First of all, I do not tolerate lateness or useless excuses. Everyone must be present in each class, or there will be consequences." I raised an eyebrow.

"So much for being attractive," I muttered in a low voice. Rachel chuckled and nodded her head in agreement.

"There will be four groups in this class because there's an even number of you here," Mr. Grey continued, looking at his sheet of paper. "Each group will be mentored by one of us four instructors. The people in the first group, which I will be mentoring, are Alyssa Reed, Lola-Rose Walker, Alex Harterand Jack Pierson." Mr. Grey continued reading the names until everyone's names were called out, and the whole class was chattering. I turned to look at Rachel, who gave me sympathetic look.

I wasn't particularly disappointed about my group. Alex and Jack were extremely nice, and were great dancers, but Alyssa was my real worry. She always thought she was better than any of the other girls, and would always do anything to impress the teachers so that they'd pick her for whatever task.

And for some reason, she'd always find a way to make me look stupid.

"I'm sorry about your group," Rachel whispered, as we stood up. I shrugged and let out a small sigh.

"It's alright I guess. At least Alex and Jack aren't stuck up like she is." Rachel nodded, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Good luck," she said, smiling. "I know you'll do well this year." I smiled back at her, hoping she was right.

I slowly made my way to one of the corners of the gym room, where my group was waiting to start planning our end project. We had to create a dance routine that contained all four people in the group, and the genre would have to be a mixture of ballet and hip-hop moves.

I sat down on the bench, next to Alex. He turned to me and smiled.

"Ready to kick ass?" He asked, a tint of excitement in his voice. I smiled back. I couldn't lie about that; I was ready to kick some butt. Dancing has always been something I wanted to do as a career. If any sort of talent show came up, I'd always enter if it gave me the chance to dance.

But it was my stage fright that stopped me from actually performing.

"Yeah, I guess so!" I replied, fixing my hair. Jack came to join us, where he sat on the floor and nodded to both of us.

"You guys like the new instructor?" he asked. Alex shrugged and turned to look at me, waiting for my answer. I shrugged as well.

"He's alright I guess," I replied, even though I thought he was amazing. Well, only amazing because of his looks. He had a bad attitude from what I saw back there. Jack smile at me.

"You think he's hot, right?" My eyes widened, and I shook my head furiously.

"Are you kidding?" I replied, my hands shaking slightly. "He's pretty stuck up, and completely full of himself!" Alex laughed.

"Are you sure?" he asked, nodding towards a swarm of girls who were trying to somewhat impress Mr. Grey. "From the look of those girls, I don't know if they think he is." I raised an eyebrow as I watched some of the girls trying to strut off some moves they thought were good. Even Alyssa was trying her luck in impressing him.

~*~

"Okay, so all know what to do right?" Mr. Grey asked us as we stood in pairs to practice the first couple of moves. He had made us dance in two's so that we could learn off each other and that it would be easier, but obviously he didn't think straight. Dancing together with Alyssa was a nightmare.

"Lola, you're not moving right!"

"You're mixing up the moves!"

"Lola, if you haven't noticed but you're in my way!"

"God Lola, what do you think you're doing? Dancing? Think again."

I sighed heavily when the lesson was over as we made our way back to the changing rooms. Rachel came running up to me as I opened the changing room door.

"How was it?" she asked, letting her hair out of the tight elastic she held it in. I shrugged, and scratched my head.

"Eh, not really. Alyssa was making it extremely difficult. She kept telling me I was doing the wrong moves!" Rachel laughed, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, she'll get over herself when she realizes you're more talented than she is!" I smiled and nodded.

"I hope so." I was about to enter the changing room, when I felt someone touch my arm. I jumped and turned around to come face to face with Mr. Grey. Rachel smiled and gave me the 'talk to you later' look before closing the door. I turned to Mr. Grey.

"Uh, is something wrong Mr. Grey?" I asked, fiddling with the elastic band on my wrist. He looked at me carefully before putting his hands on his hips. Alyssa walked past, and smirked at me. I turned back to Mr. Grey who nodded and smiled.

"It's about Alyssa," he replied, beckoning me to follow him to one of the benches were he sat down. I followed him and sat down.

"And?" Mr. Grey cleared his throat.

"She just complained to me that you're not doing the moves right. She says she can't dance right if her partner isn't cooperating." I gawped at him.

"Are you serious? She's the one who's not doing the moves right. She's just finding an excuse just to get me out of the group or something. If you hadn't noticed yet, but she thoroughly hates me." Mr. Grey shrugged and smiled weakly.

"I can't really help you with that," he answered firmly. "All I can tell you is that if you don't cooperate well with her, you may have to move groups, or stop coming to the lessons. This project is really important, and it's either do really well, or see yourself out of here." He shrugged once more, before getting up and walking out of the gym room. I rolled my eyes, and walked to the changing rooms. Rachel was waiting for me.

"Well?" she asked, as she put away her dance clothes back into her bag. I sighed, and sat down, taking a sip of my water.

"He was telling me about not cooperating well with Alyssa. Apparently she complained to him that I wasn't 'doing the right moves'." Rachel laughed and rolled her eyes.

"That's a typical Alyssa move. She's just trying to suck up to him. You know how she is; wanting to be better than anyone else." I nodded, and quickly changed out of my dance clothes, and into my jeans and tank-top. She can suck up to him as much as she wants, just as long as I'm not involved.