Your Love Is My Drug - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“So dance students,” Mr. Grey started, as we all settled down on the benches around the gym hall. “We’ll be continuing from last lesson, and I really want you to put some progress into your dance steps. If you have any questions, don’t hesitating to ask.” We all called a ‘yes’, before hurrying to our corners in the gym hall with our groups.

“Seen Alyssa today yet?” Alex asked, as we made our way to the far end of the gym hall. I shook my head and smiled.

“Thankfully, no,” I replied, tying my hair up into a high pony tail. “She drives me insane; she really thinks she’s good.” Alex laughed, and put an arm around my shoulders.

“I honestly agree with that,” he said laughing. Jack soon came to join us, and we quickly positioned ourselves in two lines. Dancing without Alyssa was a breeze. Alex and Jack were great dancers, and it somehow made me feel insecure about my dancing. But it was always comforting when the boys told me I was doing well.

After about an hour, we’d mastered the first couple moves and it felt amazing. Mr. Grey came over every now and then to check how we were doing, and was very impressed.

“I’m glad you guys are doing so well. But don’t think it’s all over yet; you still have a lot to do.” We nodded, and continued dancing. Mr. Grey paused for a moment, and then turned back to us. “Where’s Alyssa?” We all shrugged and continued dancing.

“Haven’t seen her all day, thankfully,” I replied, looking at my feet so that I kept in time with the music we were dancing to. “It’s been so much easier dancing without her. She makes it so difficult to concentrate.” Mr. Grey laughed.

“You do realize you still have to dance with her. Even if she’s difficult to cooperate with, she’s still going to be your dance partner.” I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Couldn’t you change her to another group?” Mr. Grey shook his head.

“It’s too late for that; anyway, there’s no need to worry. Things will turn out better later.” I curled my lips.

“I hope you’re right.” Jack and Alex nodded in agreement.

“She’s really a pain Sir,” Jack explained. “She’s always bossing Lola around, haven’t you seen?” Mr. Grey shook his head.

“If Lola has any more problems when she comes, she can tell me.” And with that, he walked off.

“So much for his help,” I muttered, turning the music up a bit louder. “This is gonna be a disaster.” Jack and Alex shook their heads.

“Don’t worry, you’ve got us to back you up anytime,” Alex reassured me. I smiled.

“Thanks guys.”

It was at the last few minutes of the lesson that Alyssa came to the class. She rushed to Mr. Grey, and obviously spilled out some sort of sob story, because all he did was nod and smile. I rolled my eyes. She clearly didn’t need much persuasion; everyone easily gave in to her.

“Okay guys, class is over!” Mr. Grey announced, and with that everyone packed their things and ran to the changing rooms. I quickly unplugged my iPod from the radio speakers, and rolled my earplugs around my iPod. As I made my way to the changing rooms, I heard Mr. Grey call my name.

“Lola, you think you can come here a moment?” He asked, Alyssa standing next to him. I nodded, and made my way over to them.

“Something wrong?” Mr. Grey shook his head and smiled.

“Do you have anywhere to go today?” I thought for a moment.

“I don’t think so,” I answered, scratching my head. “But I do have work later today, but that’s in two hours.” Mr. Grey nodded.