Your Love Is My Drug - Prologue

[ PROLOGUE ] - Picture of Lola on the right hand side

Dancing has always been Lola's passion. She knew since from the day she started kindergarten that it was what she wanted to pursue as a future career. Her mother was a dancer and owned a dance school which she attended. Her dad was a businessman who was always away and was never able to come to some of the shows she'd perform in theaters.

Days before one of Lola's biggest dance performances, her parents got into a car crash which killed them both. It burned Lola inside, and made her want to stop dancing from then on. But she knew that stopping wasn't what her parents would have wanted, and continue to pursue her dream as a dancer. She now lived with her older brother in a small apartment in the middle of town. She attended a dance school just a couple miles from where she lived, close to where her parents died.

It was now the beginning of a new school year, and Lola was in her senior year in high-school. She was extremely excited, as this year they were offering three places to the most famous dance academy in the country. Only a couple students each senior year were able to get a place, and Lola was determined to earn one.

"Lola! Come check this out!" her best friend Rachel Tate said, ushering her friend over to the notice board. She made her way to the board, and looked over at where her friend was pointing. It was a list of the students who had applied the year before to take advanced dance classes after school three times a week. This was for the students who wanted to get a place in the dance academy. Lola smiled.

"We're both on the list!" Lola squealed happily, as she high-fived her friend. Rachel smiled, and reading over the list of notices about the classes.

"We've got classes every monday, wednesday and friday," she said, pointing to a bunch of text. "The classes are pretty intense, and you've really got to put your everything into it." Lola nodded, even though she knew it was going to be tough.

Although she was a very talented dancer, there were some things that Lola couldn't handle. Her main problem was stage fright. She could never stand on a stage without shaking or getting extremely nervous. And no matter how hard she tried, she'd always end up in a bundle of nerves. Rachel turned to look at her, and smiled at the sight of Lola's face.

"Don't worry Lo, you'll do fine. I think after these classes you'll get over your stage fright." Lola nodded and smiled, hoping that her friend was right.

"What class do we have now?" she asked, checking her phone for the time. Rachel took out her schedule from her bag and looked through her list of subjects.

"I think we've got .. advanced Biology," she announced, putting away her schedule. "And it's about to start in three minutes!" Both girls rushed down the hall, only just making it on time to class.

"Girls, take a seat," Mr. Atkin said sternly, as he shuffled through a bunch of papers. He cleared his throat and turned to the class.

"Now before we start the lesson, I'd like all those who are taking the advanced dance classes to listen carefully. Due to some problems with one of the teachers, who was supposed to be teaching the dance classes, we've had to find a new instructor for you." Some of the students groaned, including Rachel and Lola. The teacher they were supposed to have, Mrs. Grant, was away on maternity leave due to her baby being due in a couple weeks. She was a great teacher, and always made the students feel comfortable. Only God knows how this new teacher was going to be.

"The new instructor is Mr. Grey. He'll be with you in your first lesson today at exactly three o'clock today. Do not be late, as there's a lot of information you need to know." Lola and Rachel exchanged glances. They both hoped that this new instructor was good; an instructor that would be able to remove Lola out of her shell of nervousness.