/𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎/

BRIE WOKE UP IN SLOANE'S SHEETS, SURROUNDED BY HER SCENT. It was a pleasant way to wake up, with the sun over her face and everything. But it was missing something.

Brie groped around the bed and squinted her eyes open when she found the left side of it empty. Sloane wasn't usually the type to wake up early, and it was always Brie dragging her out of bed with the promise of a shared shower and coffee.

With a yawn, Brie swung her legs over the side of the bed and turned on the light. She checked her phone and rolled her eyes at the thirty new text messages. It was probably Tom, confusing some poor soul about some meme in the group chat again. Brie still had the screenshots of the time he'd tried to explain Netflix and Chill to Sebastian.

She set her phone back down and stumbled into the bathroom. Brie tugged on an old shirt that she'd honestly forgotten if it originally belonged to Sloane or her. They traded clothes so much, it was all the same.

Brie tugged on her pyjama pants and started towards the kitchen and the heavenly smell of food before pausing.

Today was as good as any other day.

She went back to the bedroom, grabbed something out of her sock drawer, and slipped it in her pocket before going back in the direction of the kitchen.

"I'm in love with a space girl, save my heart for my space girl, would you be mine, space girl?" Sloane's soft voice singing filled the entire kitchen and made Brie stand in the doorway and just stare for a minute.

Sloane's hair was an absolute mess, she wore a pair of old boxer shorts, and a white shirt that was stained all over. She stood in front of the stove, spatula in her hand as she awkwardly half danced to her own singing and cooking.

She looked beautiful.

Brie walked into the kitchen and snaked an arm around Sloane's hip. "Hey." She kissed Sloane's cheek and pressed herself against her back. "You're up early."

"Got woken up by a text from Hayley," Sloane said, "so I decided to stay awake and start making breakfast."

"What did Hayley want?" Brie asked.

Sloane flipped a pancake. "She wanted my thoughts on a song she was writing."

Brie nodded. "Those smell amazing."

"I hope they do." Sloane laughed. "We wouldn't get along very well if you insulted my cooking."

"I think you'd still have a crush on me," Brie said confidently.

"Only because you're unreasonably hot." Sloane slid the pancakes onto a plate and turned off the burner. "And extremely badass. I've got a type."

Brie laughed and shook her head. "Then I guess I'm lucky you're my type too."

Sloane shook her head and smiled, twisting around to give Brie a brief kiss.

"Hey," Brie cleared her throat. "Can I ask you something?"

"What's up?" Sloane's expression turned mildly serious.

Brie slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled out the sleek black box. She held it in front of Sloane and opened it up, revealing the sparkling diamond ring. The ring had taken three hours to pick and a raging argument between Liz and Tom, but it was worth it. 

Sloane went still in Brie's arms. She was frozen for so long, Brie was actually concerned that this was the wrong move.

"Are you proposing to me?" Sloane's voice broke when she said it.

"Yeah, that's what the ring is for, I hope."

Sloane let out a small hysterical laugh. "Really? You're not even gonna get on one knee? You're just going to ask me like this out of the blue?"

Brie shrugged. "Would you rather I'd put it in your pancakes?"

"Don't you dare tamper with the pancakes." Sloane smiled. "But yes. My answer is yes."

Brie spun Sloane around and gave her a hard kiss. They stood there like that for a long and beautiful moment, kissing in the kitchen in their pyjamas. When they finally pulled apart, Brie slipped the ring onto Sloane's finger.

It was a perfect fit.

"I love you," Brie said softly, cupping Sloane's face in her hands to kiss her forehead. Sloane just smiled.

"I love you too, space girl."