/𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠/

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴏʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʀᴀᴅɪᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ꜱᴛᴇʟʟᴀᴇ

"I'm very pleased to introduce our lovely guest for today, Stellae! It is so nice to have you on today."

"Thank you, it's nice to be here. It gives me an excuse to hide inside during this awful heat, god. I don't think California knows what winter is."

[laughter] "Cali's not the winter type. You're from New York, right?"

"Born and raised. I'll take the snow over this heat any day, trust me."

"I wish I could agree with you on that, but I'm allergic to snow."

[laughter] "I don't think it's that bad."

"Oh, I'm sure you don't, you Northerner." [laughter] "So, to start this interview off, how about we address the elephant in the room."

"Oh god, I know exactly where this is going."

[laughter] "So you and Brie Larson. What's going on with that?"

"Why are you asking me?!" [laughter] "I don't know man, this all came out of nowhere and I'm definitely losing my mind a little. I never really expected anyone to take me seriously, you know? It's all a little overwhelming, honestly."

"Were your tweets serious?"

"Oh they're serious, I just didn't expect someone ELSE to take them seriously."

[laughter] "So what happens now? Is this flirting, do you think this could even be the start of something serious?

"I don't know, I really don't. I don't want to speak on Brie's behalf on any of this or try to imply or guess how serious it is for her, you know? I don't know if this is just casual compliments or whatever, I don't know. I'm not going to put words into another woman's mouth about her sexuality or how she feels about me. I know my feelings for Brie are serious, and I'd love to actually get to know her, even just as good friends. She's a great actress and I really respect her, but I honestly have no idea what's going on right now."

"Have you considered asking her about her feelings?"

"Oh dear god no. I am the definition of a useless lesbian, okay? I will play this like a game of chicken and until she decides to say something, I'm just going to suffer in SILENCE." [laughter]

[laughter] "Well, if you say so. I guess we're going to wait and find out."

"And when you find out, let ME know, because I promise I will still have no clue what the fuck is going on, man."

[laughter] "I'll keep that in mind. So to segue into a topic you hopefully do have a clue about, how's your album coming along?"

"Oh my god, I'm so excited. Tiny Galaxies was self-released and getting to work with a big studio and producers and stuff, it's really new and scary. It's definitely gonna be great, but I'm definitely a little nervous with the new environment and pressure to do well, now that I'm famous."

"What kind of pressure do you mean?"

"Well you know, when I wrote Tiny Galaxies, I wrote it for me. I was my only audience, and I wasn't worried about pleasing anyone. But now I've got an audience and tour dates to sell out and it can be overwhelming. Everything about my music is just on a much bigger scale than I'm used to and I could've ever imagined. I'm grateful, but it's still scary as hell."

"That's understandable. Now, with your last album, you had the whole galaxy aesthetic going on, are you keeping that going with this album?"

"Well, a little bit. I think the stars and the galaxy stuff is just a part of my aesthetic in general. My name literally means 'stars', so it's not going anywhere." [laughter] "But this album will still have it's own aesthetic. It's called MOZAIC for a reason because that's what I'm going for. I've always loved the concept of mosaics and building something beautiful out of broken peoples, and really what I want this album to be about is helping people understand that even if they're broken, they can still make something beautiful out of themselves and there's really nothing wrong with being broken."

"That's really poetic, actually, I love that."

"Thank you, poetic is exactly what I was going for." [laughter]

[laughter] "And you're releasing it April 3rd?"

"Yes, and some of the first singles should start dropping... well, we'll just say soon."

"Oooh, how mysterious, keeping us on the edge of our seats!"

"I gotta spice it up somehow, man. Gotta keep things fun."

"Well, with everything going on in your life, I don't think you'll have to try too hard to spice things up."

[laughter] "Damn, way to call me out!" [more laughter] "You've got a point, but still!"

"Well let's hope your life stays just as spicy and exciting in the months to come. Thank you so much for joining us today, Stellae!"