CHAPTER 18

Chapter 18: Coming Out With Self Doubt

JEAN navigated throughout the disoriented area. She didn't know where she was as she aimlessly walked around in the misty place. Fog in the color of imperial red manifested in front of her.

As the telepathic girl stepped in what seemed to be a neverending corridor, Jean came to a realization when she saw the imagery flashing before her like a giant cinema screen.

Jean let out a breath of amazement. She was inside her own head.

The redhead didn't care to rationalize how she was doing this, and immediately decided to discover the depths of her subconscious. Maybe it was after furthering her grip on her telepathy that she was finally able to understand herself and find out who she was.

Passing by her most recent memories, Jean could only sigh once she'd realized where she possibly was. A captive in a russian secret base.. But her disappointment over the present didn't stop her from continuing her path down memory lane.

A wide grin came up to her as she walked and surpassed her earliest memory; the memory of first laying eyes on Eleven in the woods.

One more step, and she'd finally find what she was looking for.

"No, no, no, no!" Jean's eyes turned glossy when she'd hit a wall. A literal wall that was invisible to the naked eye, it was more like a force field.

Something was keeping her out. She didn't know that she was keeping herself out.

Jean's lower lip quivered, her eyebrows scrunched in frustration as hot tears descended down her pale cheeks. "Please, please, let me see." She softly tapped against the see through wall with the palm of her hand, her voice trembling.

"I wanna see!" As time passed, Jean's crying grew more intense and her anger overtook her grief. Her light tapping against the force field morphed into raging bangs, her fingers clenching onto fists as she slammed them against it. "Let me in! LET ME IN! LET ME-"

Before the eighteen year old could howl even further, she was sucked into the opposite side of wall.

Jean gasped, her breathing picked up in surprise at what was happening; misty images manifested itself before her, and each one of them dragged her into it almost forcefully.

"You wanna come in? Come all the way in." A man whom she couldn't place, but looked really familiar, was standing in front of her, up close.

"Don't forget what you did." He bit out. His face was stern but grief was flashing in his eyes.