CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2: The Amnesic Weirdo With No Powers

"YES, Grey is her last name."

Chief Jim Hopper confirmed, head tilted to the side to lean his ear against the phone.

"Look, I don't know if it's with an E or an A, all I know is that I have a teenager who doesn't know who she is or where she came from."

He paced anxiously back and forth across the living room, chewing on his bottom lip. He was getting irritated by the second, and who could blame him? Calling all morning every hospital in the state to check if she's been a patient or at least registered in their files was a task that didn't come to any fruition.

"For godsakes! Just tell me if you have any hospital records in her name."

"No?" He stopped by the kitchen counter and grabbed a pen to scratch yet again name off his list of searches. "Well, thanks."

Sighing in frustration, the man -already in uniform- grabbed his hat and placed it on his head. He walked up to El's room who must've left the door ajar last night.

Jim's eyes softened when he saw the two girls sleeping in bed; El softly snoring and her arm was draped over Jean's torso.

What on earth is he gonna do with her?

He thought before heading to work, which he was already late for.

~~~

The two girls woke up late that morning.

Jean was calmer at the moment, despite all the confusion. She was thankful to both Hopper and El for taking her in and letting her stay the night. She'd slept in the same bed as El and was provided with a toothbrush. Eleven acted so tenderly towards her, treating her like she could break ever so easily.

What she didn't know was that she was behaving this way because she knew exactly how she felt.

"Breakfast?" Eleven cooed.

With a nod, the green eyed teenager dedicated her a soft smile to which El returned.

"Umm.. Yeah, sure." Jean still found it hard to act normally after the previous events of last night.

"When you said, 'like me' just now, what did you mean?" Jean asked Eleven after they both entered the bedroom.

El, who was making the bed, moved her surprised eyes to the taller girl.

"I overheard you and Hopper talking." Explained Jean.

Eleven breathed in sharply, her shoulder slightly raising as she replied to her. "Don't remember? You can do what I can."

"What you can do?"

Eleven pursed her lips, she didn't know how to explain her abilities; so she found it was best to show her.

Jean's body went rigid at what she witnessed.

The fluffy white pillow that rested on the bed lifted all on its own and hovered in the air.

The redhead could feel her the breath catching in her throat as the object guided itself into El's arms.

"What the hell? How did you do that?!"

"You can do it, too. I saw it in your memories." Eleven said.

"My memories? How'd you- what did you see?!" Jean's head was bombarded with questions on who she was, where she came from, and now she even questioned the very fabric of her reality.