Parabellum

He despised it.

Killing the girl who happened to be around whenever he had an assignment? She might have answers. And that's something he couldn't risk losing.

The morning was noisy. rush hour outside. He reviewed his file. A residential building. Only way in or out was through the main entrance.

A few hours later he found himself in a trench coat, staring at the building in front of him. A sky scraper of sorts.

This was going to be tough. But then again everything about his life has ever been.

This thought surprised him. He didn't pity himself.

As the boy entered the building he got a bunch of funny glances by onlookers. A boy in a trench coat was a reason for surprise.

Now to find a way up. I believe I'll need a keycard for the elevator. Time to practice some pickpocketing.

The boy knew that his pickpocketing skills were alright but he definitely was no cat burglar. Fairly enough a rather burly guy showed up. Security. Perfect for finding guns and yes, keycards.

The lift was easy, the guard was focused on his cup of coffee. Which provided an excellent diversion.

Two steps were taken, slowly.

One gloved hand was put to use.

One keycard , was obtained.

The hand soon returned to the confines of the coat with its prize.

Upon pressing the elevator button , our protagonist had a smile on his face.

This smile would soon stop when he remembered who he was going to assassinate.

The 21st floor. Amazing view of the city around him. Blocked to one side by another skyscraper.

It was a penthouse suite.

The boy stepped out of the elevator.....only to feel a cold circular object on his forehead. A muzzle.

He reached for his own side arm.

"Yeah no , don't make me shoot yet"

A girl's voice.