Alley Walk

The little car drives through the woods.

The assailant calls his contact,"Job's done. Send the money to my account"

A while later, a satisfying notification reads,"money transferred to your account"

A cop pulled him over for over speeding. He didn't care. He was rich. He showed his license, a fake name for a non existent person.

The old man's question had startled him for a second , but he shrugged it off as the last words of a seasoned veteran.

His drive saw to it that he was weary by the time he reached home.

The car was ditched in a public parking lot.

The next day, a hooded figure would be seen walking away.

The Subway. A way for anyone to escape.

The hooded figure got off at Limbaugh. He made his way out of the station. Hailed a cab and removed his hood.

A young boy, aged twenty. Messy hair, dirty blonde , blue eyes, an unscarred face with a visible jaw line.

He sits in the cab in silence, watching the world go by. The street lights casting moving shadows in the car. The world asleep in the lazy hour.

The cab drops him off in front of a dirty alley with a suspicious look. The alley might be dirty, but it had been his home.

Walking a few meters in, he starts feeling the wall with his hands. Something bumpy goes by his hand, he grabs it and pulls it.

A lever.

A section of the wall slides down, just a narrow slit. A secret pathway. Nothing is seen below. But the boy knows, rest awaits. Safe sleep after a busy night.

The boy descends into the darkness.