Chapter 7

You wake up with sweat dripping down your face.

You gasp, and quickly sit up.

What the hell did you just witness?

You hold your head, trying to process what you had seen. You pant, clearly in distress. Calming down, you look around. 

It was surprisingly cold..

Taking a deep breath, you hop off of your bed and grab your bag. Rummaging through, you pick out a f/c hoodie and slip it on over your shirt. 

Much warmer.

Walking over to the entrance to your tent, you contemplate on whether you should tell anyone about your dream or not.

Was it even a dream? It seemed like a nightmare..

You exit your tent and breathe in. It seemed to be pretty early - because everyone's tents were still zipped up - and you could barely hear any voices.

You begin to walk down the dusty path when you hear a voice behind you.

"Hello."

You turn around and see a very unfamiliar face. 

"O-oh, Hey

"O-oh, Hey.." You say, kind of confused. Who was this guy, and why was he talking to you?

"So, you wake up early too?" He says, playing with his thumbs.

"Uhh..I guess?" You give him a weak reply, not really feeling comfortable.

"I-I'm Harrison." The boy who's name is supposedly 'Harrison' raises his hand. You shake it, and say "I'm Y/n."

"Where were you headed to?" Harrison says, finally looking up at you.

"Uhh, I dunno..the docks?" 

Why did he care?

"S-So, do you..like magic? Because, uhh..I like magic." He gives you a weak smile.

"Uhh..I guess?" 

"Oh, good.. would you be interested in..seeing one of my tricks?"

"Sure, go ahead.."

Okay, so this'll be interesting, I guess.

Harrison swiftly pulls out a handful of cards from his back. He puts them in front of you, and says  "Pick a card." 

There were 4 cards, all seemingly asking for you to pick them despite saying nothing. Willingly, you take the first card.

"Okay, pay close attention to what your card is."

It was an ace of spades

"Okay." You say, handing him back the card.

He does a small hand movement, and picks up his hat from his head. He puts his hand inside and retrieves a card.

"Is..this your card?"

Yup. Ace of spades.

"Wow." You say, smiling and clapping. He bows, and grins.

"Hey!"

You jerk your head around to see none other than Max, Nikki and Neil from afar. They walk over, and you say "Oh, hey guys!".

"Wanna go get breakfast?" Nikki says, grinning ear-to-ear.

"Uhh..sure." You look back at Harrison, who smiles weakly.

"Okay, Let's get going." Neil gestures for you to follow them, and you begin to do so. Giving Harrison one last look, you wave and smile. 

It hasn't even been 2 days and I've already made 4 friends! Talk about progress..