Seth Ikiryo

[A/N] This is to my (very small and pretty much nonexistent) audience! Welcome to the very last background chapter! My favorite one, too! Also, a 'Bakeneko' is a creature of Japanese mythology, said to be a cat with great supernatural power, and a forked tail.

The story of the Ghost Summoner~

Overconfidence can sometimes lead...

...to your downfall.

~~~

He couldn't believe it...after so much effort, he had underestimated his opponents. He was trapped, or cornered, and positive it was the end.

Seth was a demon who wanted to become known of and very powerful. He lived to practice martial arts and his inherited talent. His father was a peaceful citizen of Hell, never fighting. His mother was a legendary and rare Bakeneko (Monster Cat). From the blood of a summoning demon and the power of a supernatural beast, Seth had the unique ability to summon spirits.

He memorized thousands of summoning seals, and was only one step away from being known as a 'master'.

But he developed a habit of challenging the most intimidating foes. A feeling of immense superiority arose from within, and that was a huge mistake.

He tried to fight off seven, battle-clad fallen angels. To his merciless luck, they each carried celestial weapons, the one force strong enough to kill a demon.

As he dodged another blow from a gleaming sword of gold that would've been fatal, he was on the brink of choosing to surrender. He bled heavily from his side, and his arms were sore because of the blood rituals he had to perform so quickly. But eventually, his most powerful summonings had dispelled, leaving him nearly defenseless.

A chained whip was thrown at him from behind. Tired and weakened, he didn't realize it until it was too late. Now he was a demon bound be celestial chains. No one he knew of had ever broken or dented an angel's weapon. And with a single pull, he would've been in pieces.

He slowly began to close his eyes and await death...but to his surprise, it never came.

The chains were smashed into mere dust, cascading in front of his eyes. And standing before him was a demon, obviously rogue, for she wore a cloak that hid all but a smile.

She wielded a massive deathscythe which was contorted into a circular shape. With a flick of her wrist, three angels were killed on the spot. The tainted blood simply splattered on his facial features.

The girl was beyond powerful; Seth grew envious and frustrated at how such a demon could be stronger than him!

...until he saw the birthmark. Etched onto the girl's left cheek was the small silhouette of a raven in flight. Seth knew his history well, and instantly noticed it as the mark of royalty. Now he was bound by this demon against his will.

If a member of royalty saves the life or does a favor for another, the lesser must serve them for equal the exchange.

This is how Seth's eternity of torture began.

~~~Afterwards~~~

"Well, hello's there! The name's Sakura, whatcha doing?" Sakura asked. She stared at the beaten demon kneeled over the ground. It was fairly lonely traveling for fifty years with no one to annoy or prank, so Sakura smiled at her own plan.

"Shouldn't you know? You killed seven angels, and smashed all of their weapons into nothing! Why in Hell's name are you smiling like-like an idiot?!" Seth practically yelled into oblivion. He feared what she would say next. Sakura paced back and forth, humming a small tune.

"You sound like my lame Otousan (father), old and super grumpy! Now, whadya say to comin with me an visitin the Human Realm?" she exclaimed cheerfully. Seth knew it wasn't just a question, he would have to follow her until he died. His dreams were crushed, right then and there.

"You're crazy, few demons have ever been granted entrance or exit through the Abysmal Gates," he calmed down a little and spoke in a normal voice. Sakura then held her deathscythe above her head. It glowed a bright red until it's entire form shrunk into the small shape of a lace collar. She tied it around her neck happily.

Apparently, it was a portable weapon, able to change size and shape for easy travel.

"You sure do a whole lot's a complainin, you know that? And I've got a free pass to Satan's palace, one of the seven treasures of the world, a fancy museum with artifacts containin weaponry from every dimension, and....oh, a key to the legendary lost city of Hell too's. So I don't think I'll be havin any trouble gettin into those gates." She gave a closed-eye smile and did a peace sign with one hand on her hip.

Seth was quite surprised, this girl must have journeyed to places far beyond. Items of importance weren't easy to find. So he thought for a moment, and came to a decision.

He would follow this girl, but get stronger along the way.

"Oh, hey's you over there, what's ur name?" She looked at him awaiting an answer.

"I am Seth Ikiryo."

"Okay, I'm gonna call you Sesu-y-jii-ban (Seth/Gramps)~!"

"WHAT?!"