Shiro Shoumetsu

[A/N] This is a new character background part!

The story of a teenage boy~

As average as one can be...

...eventually life ends, sometimes too soon.

~~~

Shiro (white) sat in the middle of class, mentally cursing in his head. School wasn't his top priority in life. He was a popular kid, always hanging out in large groups. Everyone knew him, and he had grown arrogant because of his status.

The teacher droned on and on about something he didn't care to listen about. So, he started drumming his pencil on his desk.

Just ten more minutes until the bell, then he could go eat lunch with the crowd. But the teacher had noticed him not paying attention awhile ago.

"Mr. Shoumetsu, detention tomorrow at Lunch," he stated plainly when the bell rang.

'That's just great, wonderful' he thought sarcastically. He began cursing out loud too.

"You're grades are failing horribly as well, so we shall have a talk with your parents after school." He sighed, and thought of a plan to get out of it.

Shiro picked up his stuff and slung it over his back. He headed out to lunch and met up with his older brother, Kuro (black), in the hallway. They were both in the same high school. He was a year younger than his brother, and it was thanks to him that Shiro joined the well known kids.

"Yo, Otou (short nickname for 'little bro'), hurry up will ya?" he said when he spotted Shiro.

"Nandemo (whatever), I'm coming. Jeez," Shiro replied boredly.

Even though they always acted so casual around eachother, they've been more considerate, ever since the death of their younger sister, Shikisai (colorful). She was only six years old, but something had made her horribly sick. Eventually, her body shut down completely.

It had been an entire year after that, and they still clung to the memory of her. It was surprising how fast they got over her, still.

~~~

After school, instead of staying in class for detention, he ran off with his brother. No one knew it would be such a huge mistake later on.

His parents would be getting a call from his teacher, but Shiro never really thought things through.

He was with Kuro, and they were walking home that day. They were a few blocks away from home, but they were stuck in a crowded section of the street. The light turned white and person-shaped, meaning it was safe to cross. The people rudely shoved Kuro out of their way, forcing him to move without his younger brother.

When Shiro snapped out of his thoughts, he noticed Kuro on the other side of the street and ran across, forgetting that the light had already become red.

Too late.

The car rushed right at him, and poor Shiro could only stare at the headlights in shock. This was never meant to happen. Fate could've changed, but it didn't.

At the moment of collision, the time of passing, the sequel of the Shoumetsu family tragedy, Shiro felt pain surging throughout his veins. The breaking of bones, muscles, and crushed organs hurt badly.

But in a split second, all of the feeling in his body subsided.

~~~

Moments later, he awoke to find a circle of people scattered around him. There was an ambulance and a police car. He stood up, only to find that he felt as light as a feather. He walked a few steps, but no one looked at him. As if he wasn't the focus of attention. Didn't he just get run over? But then, the sounds were all drowned out as he found his body to be transparent.

Just like the name of his family, he became nonexistent that day.