Chapter 12

“Nikolas, what are we gunna’ do?” I mumbled, stroking his jawline shyly as I reached up and pecked it. I blushed when his dark orbs stared down at me when he leaned forward and pecked my temple.

He stretched his neck from side to side, a muscle twitching in his jaw when his arms tightened around me, only to bring his head down to nip at my earlobe. “I don’t know.” He admitted huskily, his warm breath fanning my neck. “But I do know is that I refuse to stay away from you anymore. We just can’t…” I looked away from him when his fingers danced along my cheekbone.

“Tell anyone.” I finished as a swell of disappointment filled my heart. Nikolas let out a long sigh and nodded. I reached up and softly ran a shaky finger down the length of the scars on his arms, that marred down to his wrist. “Yes.” He said, his voice cold and hoarse.

“I don’t think it would be that bad would it?  Sure I-I mean my parents would get mad. So would my grandpas but...its not like they didn’t know that we were mates already. I mean, I don’t see why they can’t just accept--” Nikolas caught me off with a soft chuckle when he placed a finger on my lips.  “When you’re older you’ll understand your parents Lukas.” He said hoarsely as he stroked my cheek.

 “They just want what’s best for you, and I couldn’t blame them for their actions.” He mumbled.

I let myself lean and nuzzle against his hand. I didn’t want to leave our pack grounds, I didn’t want to leave my family behind, my uncle Logan faced the same threat that I did with the hunters, why could he stay and I couldn’t? This was our home.

We were both being looked after by our mates and our families, it had to be something else. And I had a sinking feeling deep in my gut that Nikolas knew about it. He knows something about what they’re trying to hide from me.

And I hated it. I hated all of this secrecy.

“Trust me love, it wouldn’t be good for either of us if they found out. I want to protect you Lukas, and if it means keeping you away from me or from your own family to do it than I would.” He confessed with finality.  “You don’t understand how important you are.” He said. I wanted to ask him why, he seemed to have another reason and I wanted to know what it was. I wanted to know everything. As if he knew what I was thinking, his hand suddenly came down to my cheek, making me look up into his eyes.

My breath suddenly got caught in my throat at the mystery that swam deep into his dark orbs. “Don’t even think about asking me.” He said. His voice growing serious. But at the same time there was an underlying emotion that I couldn’t put my finger on. I looked away from him, biting my lip as I did.  I was now writhing in his hold, fighting my way with what little strength that the goddess cursed me with.

The magic that his touch gave me, fizzled out and was replaced by a wave of frustration. The hot and burning sensation throbbed and was just aching with need for release. Nikolas’ eyebrows crossed together, as he held me even more tightly against him. He  growled softly against my ear and his thumb came around to gently pull my lip away from my teeth.

“It would be best for the both of us if you didn’t do that darling.” He murmured hotly, his voice soft as velvet as he dipped his head down to capture my lips with his own. I let out a hoarse and a surprised gasp, but not from the kiss. But from the way that his eyes glowed red at the touch. The kiss was soft and feather like as he brushed his lips with mine, sending a tingling sensation down my spine. It had the hairs on my neck rising, as goosebumps tickled against my skin.

The slow and burning passion that ran through me when he kissed me; couldn’t be denied. It had my legs turning into jelly, and my knees buckling when he moved his hands down to cup my waist. Nikolas let out a couple of groans in between the kisses, only to massage my hips when he suddenly pushed our fronts together. I let out a sharp gasp when I felt something hard bump against me, he caught me by surprise.  Every kiss and gentle thrust that he gave me made me want to crawl slowly into submission. His kisses made my head dizzy with need, and my body burn with want.