Prince of Knights Chp50

I do not know why, but this chapter was REALLY hard to write

I do not know why, but this chapter was REALLY hard to write. I hope you guys enjoy it for there are only about 2-3 chapters left of Prince of Knights :(

______________________________________________

~*You are the thread that knots my ribs, and when you abandon me, the thread perishes and I bleed internally~* Thequeenofdarkness

Assassin's Bride

Just as Faris heard Raghad's words lightning bolt struck the earth, fragmenting in different directions. The rain commenced again drenching them and coating the tears he knew Raghad had in her eyes. It was then finally, the withered flower that had once grown between them blossomed beautifully with petals that resembled the veins in Faris's heart. That moment Faris felt the sun caress his face even though dark clouds concealed it from them.

The final few steps he waited for Raghad to take, to reach him were taken to spare his life. The scale on his heart tipped towards the woman who finished every dispute among them with those words he craved to hear. Raghad did not consider him her sinner; she did not wish for him to perish. By, Allah, that moment he was willing to follow his foolish woman and fade into a speck of dust.

Her words brought forth incomprehensible torture for Faris. Why now? Why now when he was ready to step in a battlefield? Could he guarantee his return, no, he could not! The steps that he had to take and reach Raghad were smudged, and he stood there alone. The feeling of weakness shattered inside his heart like glass, and it reached every vein in his body.

Badr looked at Faris from over Raghad's head and clenched his jaw tighter so tight that his head started to throb. What kind of dilemma was this? He took an oath to protect her, and now when his sword was ready to end her misery. His angel wished to protect the man who cut off her wings. "I warned you, bring tears in her eyes you shall die." He swallowed when Raghad hugged him again.

Faris inhaled, tormented. "If you wish to utter more threats, we shall do so once I terminate Marwan."

"No. You must not Faris. If you depart now, y-you might not..." Shouq trailed off, unable to finish her sentence. Faris knew, he knew that if he left alone to annihilate Marwan; he will not rise again. 

Faris disregarded her plea and observed as wheels started to twirl in Badr's brain. "What was the ground behind my presence?"

"Marwan desired your end, and I acceded." At this, Raghad pushed away from Badr and turned to look at him, baffled. Even though Faris could feel her piercing gaze on him, he did not look at Raghad but her sibling. "Along with his desire to wipe your existence from this world, he brought a present and was foolish enough to ponder that he can trick me," Faris bit his lip in vexation. "He executed his ploy wondrously. However, it ends here."

"And do you plan to terminate me here, in front of my sister?" Badr mocked, provoking Faris.

"Indeed." Knight of knights growled the opposite of what was in his heart.