Prince of Knights Chp27

Salam Alikum ladies and fellas. I hope you guys are well and hope y'all like this chapter. Thank you so much for being so patient with me, I really appreciate it. 

PS: I'd like to thank my dearest, sweetest friend, and sister idonotexist madmanboomer1 for this breathtaking painting she did for my story. Thank you, sis you are amazing.

______________________________________

  "Where there is ruin, there is hope for a treasure." Rumi   

Raghad encircled her fingers around the fabric of her dark green gown and lifted it an inch or so over the sand so that she could walk more freely. With a sigh, she looked over her shoulder to the Borkan tribe that shrunk in size as she, along with her spouse walked further away from it. She shivered when a bitter wind swirled around them as sand dunes came in sight.

Raghad looked ahead and a deep frown made its way on her face. Faris held the reins of their camel and Tufan trotted alongside his master. The wind grabbed his robe and fluttered it with every step he took. She peered at him, taking in his black headdress that concealed his hair and made him appear even more daunting. His free hand moved to rest on the hilt of his sword that hung from his right, his form taut, she could feel his fury just as vigorous as the sun that gleamed down at them.

She bit her lips then shook her head when she recalled how he had pronounced her name for the first time. She could not comprehend how all arguments faded on her lips that moment. Raghad wished to demand Badr's well-being, however, was unable merely from the look Faris had displayed. Irked she moved her eyes to the camel that followed Faris and here she clenched her teeth. Her feet throbbed and the intense cold had caused blood to turn ice in her veins. At least he could be benevolent enough to permit her to mount the camel, however, he was hushed.

They passed a flock of sheep with the shepherd who trailed behind, a long cane in hand and a flask, that seemed to brim with water dangled from his left. Raghad's thoughts lingered back to Bu Hammad and the man, Badr was accused to have annihilated, at this a ripple of dread tapped at the door of her guileless heart.

What if Faris was unable to proof Badr had no hand in this monstrous sin? What if another carnage befell? The torment, the affliction will all be in vain. She acceded to pair with Faris in order to tie the knot of peace among their tribes. This, by Allah, would destroy everything.

So engrossed in her contemplation that Raghad did not perceive that Faris had halted and stared at her over his broad shoulder. "Sheikha," she jerked at the sound of his voice and allowed her doe-like eyes to clash with his. "If you walk with the pace of an ant, by Allah, we will reach the tribe the next moon." He taunted and pivoted his form to fully face her.

Her heart fluttered at the resonant voice, Raghad frowned then made her way to him gradually. "It would be wise if you, Borkan, used the camel for the journey and not as an individual to accompany us." She scowled at him then glared at the camel. There was solely a leather pouch that hung from the camel, nothing else and it piqued her that he would not allow her to mount.

Faris disregarded her remark and commenced with his journey, a groan sounded from her lips then she trailed behind her unwanted spouse. After a prolong while of walking, Raghad tripped over her gown and almost toppled over. With an exasperated huff, she lifted her gown enough to free her ankles oblivious that Faris's sharp eyes followed her movements like a falcon.

Once she was able to walk Raghad moved her head an inch to left and bit her lip, there was something she desired to question but did not know how to commence a conversation with the man she could not endure. Something within her abdomen swelled when she opened her mouth then locked it again. She grimaced at her own cowardice. "It will be better if you verbalized what you wish to say, bint-ash-sheikh, instead of raging under your breath." Her head turned to the left at his voice. Faris faced ahead almost as if he had not just addressed her.