Prince of Knights Chp5

Salam, sorry for the short chapter I am ill and this was what I could write.

_______________________________________________

**Because my love for you is beyond words, I decided to shut up** Nizar Qabbani.

"I can always escape and hide," she shook her head forcefully. "No, that repulsive act will only cause great dismay to mother, father and my dearest brother, Badr." Raghad mumbled eyes fixed on a fish that danced in the creek.

"Perhaps I shall demand Badr's aid. He has always been generous, I am certain he will help me." she tusked at her own words, well aware Badr would never wish blood over her felicity.

It was then the massive stallion hit its hoofs in the tiny stones that was what wrenched Raghad from her state. Her heart thundered as she turned her head right and her heavenly eyes met another pair of stony, dark ones. She gasped and impetuously slid from the rock, in the process the velvety skin of her hand dragged on the harsh surface of the rock.

The intruder observed her every move. Promptly she wrapped her shawl tight around her head and dropped her gaze. After a while, she mustered enough audacity to look up, only to find the man had crouched to his knees and drank water from his cupped palms. His hair that had slipped from his red headdress swayed in the wind, the man wore a black thobe that fell on his knees. She trailed her eyes to the horse; the beast had mirrored its master's action and drank water to kill its drought.

The horse! She had seen it somewhere, before Raghad could blink her mind recalled the memory and a cry sounded from her mouth. He was the man she had glared at, he was the fiend Raghad believed to be an angel. He belonged to Al Borkan. Severe trepidation cloaked her form and on instinct Raghad took a step back, prepared to flee.

Lamentably she was not silent enough. When her feet crunched pebble rocks the man heard it right away. He rose to his mighty height and Raghad felt her palms moist, her throat constricted and water swam in her big eyes anew.

Ya Allah, help me.

Raghad cursed her unintelligent acts; this was certainly not what she had planned. She was well aware Knights usually stopped at the creek to drink cool water and allow their horses to rest. She had never been unescorted, never so immersed in her world to not hear them approach. Her chest heaved as she gazed under her long, thick lashes. Raghad hissed under her breath when her eyes collided with dark ones yet once again.

The man gazed at her for a prolonged while, Raghad took another frantic step back. His eye brows knit and what he committed next, robbed her breath away. The barbaric man sauntered towards her with long strides. A tear trickled down her left eye and the brute halted. She could have sworn his lips twitched in to a vicious smile but there was a good distance between them and her vision was not clear enough for her to be certain.

Then an ominous grimace emerged on the man's face, she watched as he rotated and mounted the beast so gracefully it baffled her. The handsome man tugged at the reins of his horse and without a glance rod to where he had come from. Once he was out of sight Raghad sighed and endeavored to tame her breathing and her shoulders that quivered uncontrollably.

Suddenly, a twig snapped near her. Raghad spun around, heartbeat drummed in her ears, in her head as she waited for the man to materialize like a devil. She nibbled on her bottom lip but to her consolation it was only Noof with Maha who tagged along. "Ya Noof, you terrified me," she squeaked.

Noof titled her head and peered at something and Maha giggled. Ragahd followed her gaze which ceased at her wrist. Instantly she cried in agony as more devastated tears ignited her eyes. "Did I not tell you to be heedful when you slide from that rock. Ya Rabi, Raghad, now your mother will lose her confidence in me, ya Allah," the girl threw her hands in the air, exasperated and both sisters gaped at her. "You are wounded in my keep," then Noof glared at Raghad.