-CHAPTER 9-

"Hello I'm here to see Park Jimin?"

I leaned on my elbows on the desk that belonged to the secretary of the company. I wanted to seem somewhat professional so I wore a plain blue dress that reached just above my knee and had lace long sleeves.

"Do you have an appointment?" She looked at me through her rectangular framed glasses. She had a short bob haircut and wore a formal white shirt and black pencil skirt with black heels.

"Um, no but he said I should just ask for him."

"Name?"

"Cha Ara."

She picked up the phone on her desk and dialed a number.

She spoke for a few seconds as I looked around the lobby of the company. It was a modern styled building with a grey, red, and white color scheme.

"Okay sir."

I turned my attention back to the secretary. "He says to meet him in his office. It's on the fourth floor, the second door on the right." She smiled.

"Okay thank you." I returned the smile and made my way to the elevator.

Before I pressed the button to close the elevator door, two men dressed in suits also entered.

I greeted them with a wordless smile.

I pressed the button to the fourth floor and they followed with the third floor.

They spoke among themselves. Before turning to me.

"Hey beautiful, haven't seen you around here before. You new?"

I shifted uncomfortably at the abrupt nickname as they both shamelessly looked me up and down.

"Kinda." I chuckled nervously under their gaze.

Before they could say anything more the elevator dinged to indicate we had reached the third floor. "Well this is our stop, hopefully we'll see you again gorgeous." One of them sent me a wink.

I faked a smile and sighed in relief as I finally reached the fourth floor. I stepped out the elevator.

I did as the secretary said and went up to the door. It had a plaque with 'Park Jimin' engraved on it.

I knocked softly on the door. "Come in."

I opened the door slowly to reveal Jimin sitting at his desk as he typed away on his desktop computer.

"Hi." I called softly as I closed the door behind me.

He looked up from his computer and his eyes landed on my form. A smile formed on his face. "Hey."

Just then a woman walked in with a clipboard. "Sir, you have a meeting this afternoon on behalf of Mr Kim with the shareholders." He nodded in response and she left the room.

"Who was that?" I asked.

He woke up from his chair and walked to me, giving my waist a squeeze. "My secretary. Now let's go."

"Where?" I asked confused. Does this mean he lied about his secretary? "Didn't you hear her? My meeting." With that he took my hand in his and led me through the building.

"What's wrong with you? Why did you lie to me?"

"Well if I asked you to visit me at work directly, would you have come?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Oh, well I'll keep that in mind." He smiles at me.

He opened the door and motioned for me to go in before him. It was a large conference room with large windows that looked out into the city. Professionally dressed men sat lined up at both sides of the long table with one seat vacant at the front, near the projecting screen.

Jimin led me to the vacant seat and ushered me to sit down.

"Who's this beauty Park?" One of the men spoke up. Jimin flashed him a smile before glancing at me s he got his presentation prepared.

"A friend." I felt a pang in my heart. A friend? Is that all I am to him? Even after we kissed? I know I'm married but what I felt with EunWoo is nothing compared to how I felt with Jimin.

EunWoo's presence always intimidated me and scared me but Jimin gave me that comfort and security I needed.

●●●

As the meeting went on for what felt like ages I just sat and stared out the window to burn time while occasionally going on my phone.

"That's it for today guys." Jimin said, concluding the meeting.

He greeted each of the businessmen as they left once by one. I sat waiting as I tapped my foot against the marble tiles impatiently.

"So, how does dinner sound Mrs Cha?"

"Don't call me that." I snapped.

He looked at me confused. "What's wrong? Is it because of the secretary thing? I didn't mean to cause harm-"

"A friend?" I asked cutting him off.

"What?" Confusion was written all over his face. He walked over to where I was and sat himself on the chair next to me.

"Is a friend all I am to you? Why are you acting like yesterday didn't happen?"

H

e sighed and brought up a hand to comb through his hair. "What do you expect me to do Ara? You're married."

"Then why'd you do it?"

"It was just a spur in the moment, that's it."

I slammed my hand onto the table startling him. Tears filled my eyes. "That's it?! It didn't mean anything to you?!" I shouted.

"Think rationally Ara. You're married, I'm sure you've kissed your husband and done much more with him so what's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that it meant something to me!" I stood up as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Ara." He stood up giving me a sympathetic look as he tried to take a hold of my hand.

I backed away from him. "Don't give me your sympathy, after all it's something my husband can give me and much more, right?"

"Please just listen to me, you're acting childish."

I scoffed. "Maybe I am." And with that I turned on my heels and walked out of the company building.