-CHAPTER 8-

"Reservation for Mr Park." He told the waiter.

"Ah yes, right this way sir." The waiter motioned for us to follow him.

We walked through the fancy restaurant to the VIP seating area

We entered a secluded room where there was a single table for two. The tableware was decorated beautifully and the room gave off a cozy atmosphere.

"Please take a seat, you food will be with you shortly. I will give you two some privacy." The waiter shut the door on his way out.

"You already ordered?" I questioned. He walked up to where I was and pulled the chair out for me and motioned for me to sit.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind." I sat down and muttered a thanks. "Not at all." I smile.

He sat himself down across from me. "So what do you think of this place? You like?" He took the bottle of wine and poured some into a glass for me and himself.

"It's really nice, seems expensive though." He chuckled. "Well I'm glad you find it nice, but price is not something you should worry about."

I sighed. There's no use arguing with him. I brought the wine glass to my lips and took a sip before laying it back onto the table.

"So how's work?" He folded his arms on the table and looked at me awaiting my answer.

"I used to work at an elementary school. I used to handle paperwork and such but I resigned a few days ago."

"And why's that?"

"I couldn't put on a front after some of the fights I've had with EunWoo, even for the kid's. He wants me to be a housewife and take care of our children but at this rate I don't know if I even want children."

He reached across the table to hold my hand. "Do you not want children or do you not want children with him?"

"If I'm being honest, I don't know what I want anymore, sometimes it feels like my life isn't going anywhere, and that scares me."

His thumb grazed the back of my hand and he watched me with a calm expression. "It's okay to be scared. You can't always have the answer to everything."

We kept eye contact for some time as we sat in silence.

Our attention turned to the door to the room being opened. "Your food has arrived." The waiter says as he placed the dishes in front of us.

"Enjoy, let me know if you need anything." He says before leaving.

I looked at the beautiful dish that gave off a scrumptious smell. It was a steak dish, medium rare, with some salad on the side with a slice of lime.

"This looks good." I looked up at him to already see him looking at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, suddenly becoming self conscious under his gaze. He shook his head with a smile. "Nothing, you just look pretty."

I looked down with a coy smile. "Shut up." I mumbled.

●●●

"So how have you been? All we've done is talk about me."

He leaned back on the chair as he finished chewing food and swallowed it. "I've been okay, my personal assistant left recently so I've been interviewing a lot of candidates, it's not easy handling meetings and paperwork on my own, especially without Taehyung here."

"You work with Taehyung?"

"I own fifty percent shares of the company and help him run it."

"Well since you don't have a personal assistant, I presume that you're looking for a person to fill that space?" I give him a smirk.