-CHAPTER 1-

It was a long day from teaching at the elementary school and I felt more than exhausted and wanted nothing more than to come home to my husband Cha Eun Woo.

"Babe I'm home~" I called out as I entered the house, an expression of excitement taking over my features a small streak of hope still in my heart.

I bent down and removed my heels, briefly massaging the balls of my feet to ease the pain.

I walked into the bedroom and put my things down.

I couldn't help but let out a sigh of disappointment as I looked around.

Guess he's working late.....again...

I went into the bathroom.

The best thing I thought to do was to take a shower and relieve my stress.

I stripped from my clothes and switched the shower on waiting for the water to reach a bearable and comfortable temperature.

I stared at my reflection solemnly in the bathroom mirror leaning my body against the counter helplessly gripping onto the edge of the sink as I watched a tear roll down my face.

It seemed as if he was married to his work and not me.

I carefully removed my wedding ring setting it on the bathroom counter next to the sink.

I carefully got into the shower and allowed the warm water to roll down my body soothing my muscles.

I combed my hands through my hair wetting it and reaching to apply some shampoo on my palm before putting it to my hair rubbing it into a bubbly consistency.

I leaned my head back allowing the water to rinse out the shampoo.

I applied my conditioner and proceeded to bathe the rest of my body.

I washed the conditioner off and switched the shower tap off.

I reached for the towel and wiped my face and shoulders before stepping out of the shower.

I dried the rest of my body and applied some scented body lotion.

I went to my closet and dressed in a pair of shorts and a comfortable baggy t-shirt.

I made my way to my side of the king size bed.

I decided to look at my phone if I had any important messages or notifications.

▪ 3 missed calls from Eun Woo💫
▪ 13 unread messages from Eun Woo💫

I scoffed painfully as he attempted to call me once again.

I switched my phone off and placed it on the bedside table.

I switched the light off and climbed into the bed pulling the covers over me.

I laid down facing the wall in sadness and longing.

He'd always leave home early for work and come home late at night and would always say the same old apology, yet I always forgave him, full of hope that one day things would magically change.

A tear rolled down my face as I let out a small sob.

I jumped slightly at the sound of the front door opening downstairs.

I quickly wiped my tears as he walked into the bedroom.

"Ara?" He called out. I haven't heard his voice in so long.

"...Yeah?" I called out softly, careful not to let out any sobs.

He was a bit startled not expecting me to be awake.

"Oh! You're awake, I'll go shower quick and then we can cuddle okay?"

I gave him a small nod to which he smiled in content, giving me a brief kiss on the forehead before rushing happily to the bathroom.

What type of marriage is this? Where he can't even see what he's doing?

After a few minutes he exited the shower an got dressed before jumping into the bed. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he placed his head on my shoulder.

"You smell so good..." He murmured into my neck, his hands reaching their way under my shirt caressing my lower abdomen. 

I shoved his hands away. "Not tonight." I said quietly trying to get rid of the lump in my throat.

He sat up and looked at me in disbelief. "Why not?"

"I just don't want to."

He scoffed before returning to his previous position, this time forcibly removing my shirt. "Well I don't care."

I gathered the courage to push him away and stood up from the bed giving him a look of disbelief. "You don't have any right to touch me!" I shouted while using my hands to try and cover my breasts.

EunWoo scoffed and woke up from the bed and around it to where I was. I tried to back away but he grabbed me and pushed me onto the bed pinning my body down. "Please stop it EunWoo... you're scaring me." I let out in a whisper. 

He grabbed my neck with one of his hands and tightened his grip on it restricting my air flow. "I'm your husband, I have every right to touch you so I think it's best you talk to me with some respect."