Chapter 7

(Found the comic on Pinterest)

"Sonic, you need to stop beating yourself up about this! You were sick, you couldn't have escaped if you tried." Sonia complained as she tried to get Sonic to stop pouting in a tree

"Yes I could've." Sonic replied from the tree he sat in

"They knocked you out, and you were really sick if it's anyone's fault it's my fault for letting Manic be the one to stay with you."

"Hey!" Manic exclaimed in annoyance "Can we just not talk about it? Besides, we need to find a way to get more freedom fighters, I was thinking we could hack-"

"Not now Manic."

"If you guys haven't noticed, the war isn't pausing just because something happened, we gotta keep moving and find Mom."

Sonic sighed from the tree, "Manic's right. What were you saying about hacking?"

"We hack into the radio systems, the broadcasts that go through there are play everywhere and everyone is forced to listen, we could write a song that gets people to have hope, then more people want to become freedom fighters!"

"That's actually a solid plan Bro! I can get to work on the lyrics, you two start working on music!" Sonic grinned as he ran back to the van, grabbed some paper and dashed off

———

Shadow helped Sonic walk through the forest. "This would be a lot faster if you hadn't sprained your ankle." Shadow pointed out

"Yeah I know, I'm an idiot."

"I didn't say that... Not right now at least."

"You said it earlier though..." Sonic looked at his shoes "Do you think they're okay?"

"Who?"

"My siblings, they were breaking into Eggman's lair when I got caught by Sleet and Dingo, I hope they're okay..."

"They seem tough, I'm sure they're fine."

Sonic looked down, and saw his medallion hanging around his neck "You've got to be kidding me."

"What?"

"I had my medallion, the entire time I was locked in the robotisizer, I could've destroyed that thing in seconds flat if I weren't to stupid!" Sonic exclaimed angrily as he whacked his forehead with his hand "I'm an idiot!"

"Calm down, you were panicking, it happens to the best of us."

———

"I came up with some song lyrics guys!" Sonic exclaimed as he ran into the van

"Great! What are they?" Sonia asked

Sonic grinned "So I kinda used the prophecy as a base, with the whole 'A seer warns of a deadly fate' part, but I think it's pretty good!"

"Triplets born, the throne awaits, a seer warns of a deadly fate, give up your children separate, bide your time lie and wait, Sonic Underground, Sonic Underground, they made a vow their Mother will be found.... The children grow, learn what's right, leaders of the Freedom Fight they seek their mother, she knows they do, is it time, if she only knew! Will the prophecy come true? Sonic Underground Sonic Underground, they made a vow their Mother will be found! Sonic Underground!" Sonia read aloud "It's great Sonic! I never thought about using the prophecy as a way of bringing the people hope!"

"That's why Sonic's the creative one Sis." Manic laughed

———

Sonic hummed quietly as he and Shadow walked back towards the beach. "What song is that?" Shadow asked after a while

"Well, back during the war, my siblings and I wrote a song, to try to encourage more people to join the Freedom Fighters... It kinda worked, it didn't work well."

"Interesting." Shadow mumbled "Why did you come to Bygone Island?" He asked

"It was the last place my family would've looked. The only way here is by boat, and if you haven't noticed I can't swim." Sonic laughed "I almost had a panic attack on the boat ride to the island to be honest." Shadow gave Sonic a confused look "I don't have a good history when it comes to boats."

"How so?"

"I've almost drowned more times then I can count, most of them because I was knocked, or pushed, off a boat. Almost all of them were during the war." Sonic stared at his shoes for a second "Actually, now that I think about it, the one time I came closest to drowning, I was knocked unconscious and thrown off a dock, into deep water." Sonic explained "If Manic hadn't dived into the water and pulled me up, I... I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be alive."

"Who-"

"Sleet and Dingo." Sonic answered before Shadow could finish "It makes sense, they were hired by Robotnik to either Kill my siblings and I, or Robotisize us."

Shadow was about to speak, when a nearby bush began to rustle. "Stand back." Shadow said calmly as he stepped between Sonic and the bush

"Oh, I'm so scared, maybe the wind has it in for me." Sonic mumbled just before a suspiciously orange snake slithered out from behind the bush. "You know what, ignore my sarcasm, let's get outta here."

"It's just a snake."

"Remember how I said Sleet used a remote to turn Dingo into a giant Venus Flytrap?"

"Actually, it was more a pitcher plant since he tricked you with Chili dogs." The snake hissed

"Dingo you idiot!" Sleet grumbled from behind the bush

"Called it." Sonic muttered as he summoned his guitar