07

I woke up really hungry. I had forgotten to eat dinner last night because I had fallen asleep after having a proper shower after so long. So I got up quickly and threw on a shirt and pants, and walked out of the bedroom. I checked on Calum to see if he was awake, but he wasn't in his bedroom. I walked downstairs and heard him in the kitchen, I walked to the kitchen and greeted him.

"Hey, Cal," I smile.

"Morning," He smiles.

His smile is literally the best thing. It lights up the whole room and makes me feel all tingly inside.

"Um, have you eaten?" I ask him.

"Yeah, Ashton is still asleep and Michael is still out, he seems annoyed," Calum says.

"Yeah, dunno what his problem is, but I'm really hungry so I'm going out, I'll be back soon," I say.

"Okay," He says and I leave.

I venture out for a little bit, until I see a fox. I creep up on it, and I was about to pounce on it, until, out of nowhere, Michael catches it and sinks his teeth in it's neck. I furrow my eyebrows, annoyed.

"Michael, uh, bro, that was my catch," I say, politely as I can.

"Oh, I'm sorry, that was my house, but you came out of nowhere too, go find a different animal, you were to slow," He says.

"Wow, rude," I say.

"Shut up, Luke," Michael says.

I give him an annoyed look and walk away from him, in search of another fox or something. After ten minutes of searching I find another fox and check around for Michael so he doesn't try and steal my food again. I feel my fangs lengthen and I sprint up to it and catch it. I sink my fangs into its neck and moan. I was so hungry.

After an hour of looking and killing, I make my way back to the house. When I get back, I see Ashton and Calum talking in the lounge room. As I walk in I hear Ashton say,"... Yeah, Michael will need time to warm up to you guys, oh, hi Luke!"

"Hey," I say and then he continues.

"Anyways, as I was saying, I think he's just overwhelmed by two new people coming so suddenly, like, we've been here for a couple of years now and we've never really left, the only time he goes out is to get hair dye from the city so we haven't been in contact with any other humans or vampires other than and it's been kinda isolated ya' know? So yeah," He explains.

I speak up," Well, that explains why he stole my catch this morning."

"He stole your catch?"

"Yeah, it was weird, I was like, uh, that was my catch, and then he says well that was my house and you came out of no where too, go find another animal, I told him he was rude and then he just told me to shut up, so I left."

"He's been acting really weird since you guys arrived," Ashton says, his eyebrows furrowed.

Just then, Michael comes through the front door, and calls out,"Nice to know that you guys are talking about me behind my back," and he goes upstairs.

Ashton's face droops like he just killed a puppy, and he swears and rushes upstairs,"Mikey! C'mon," He calls out to Michael.

I kind of felt bad, Michael did after all let us stay in his and Ashtons home, I guess we shouldn't really talk about him behind his back. I hear the slam of a door, and then I hear someone coming down the stairs. Calum and I look to the entrance of the living room and Ashton comes through it.

"Uh, I think you guys should leave the house for a little bit, like an hour or two, just so he can calm down, because when Michael's mad, he's really mad, I tried to apologise and get him to talk but he just slammed the door in my face, so I think just for an hour or two you guys could go for a walk or something if thats okay," Ashton says, sounding distressed.

I look to Calum and he nods as if he's saying 'okay',"Yeah, thats fine, tell him we said sorry and we'll also apoogise when we get back," I say.

"I will, thank you, I'm sorry for makiing you leave but I don't think you want to be around him when he's mad," Ashton says, truly sorry.

I shake my head,"It's fine, he scares me a bit anyway so I think you're right," I laugh lightly.

He laughs a little,"Okay well, I'll see you two soon yeah?"

Calum and I nod and say see you later to him and leave out the front door. We start to make our way through the woods. Calum walks close next to me, his hand brushing mine, I take the chance and intertwine our fingers. He smiles up at me lightly. We walk in a comfortable silence towards no-where in particular, just going where our feet would take us.

"Lukey?" Calum says.

I smile at the nickname,"Yeah?" I look down at him.

"Why do you think Michael is mad, I mean, yeah Ashton and him haven't really been in contact with people for a very long time but, wouldn't you be happy to see other people? Wouldn't you like to have someone new to talk with? I know I would. It just seems a bit strange to me," He says.

"I'm not sure why he's mad, I mean maybe he recognises us somehow? Maybe he wen't to school with us and has seen us around but I know that I never have so I highly doubt it. I just don't know," I say.

"Ashton says that he goes out to the city to get hair dye, maybe we don't recognise him because he has a different hair dye?" Calum says.

"Maybe, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see," I say.

Calum shrugs his shoulders and we fall into another comfortable silence. We keep walking for another half hour until we come to a lake. "Look, Cal, it's a lake," I say.

"So it is, can we go sit on the shore?" He asks, and I nod.

We walk over to the shore and I sit down. He sits down next to me and rests his head on my shoulder. He speaks again,"Lukey?"

"Yes?"

"You know how we agreed that we wouldn't start anything til we could go on a nice date or anything?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I say, unsure of where he's going with this.

"Can this be our date?" He says shyly.

"So soon?" I ponder.

"I miss your lips," He says.

"So you only want to go on a date with me now because you wanna kiss me? I'm offended," I say jokingly.

"No, silly, well yes, but no, I actually really like you, even though I've known you for like, a week, I don't care because it feels like I've known you my whole life, and if I'm going to be living forever, I'd like to be with the person that caused it," He says to me.

I was shocked to say the least,"I like you too," I say to him.

"So can this be a date?" Calum says.

"It can be a date," I smile.

"Yay, can I kiss you now?" He says taking his head off my shoulder to look at me.

"Yes, you can," I say, and he wastes no time in connecting his lips with mine.

I rest a hand on his cheek, tilting my head to the side a bit to deepen the kiss. He starts to move his lips against mine, and I do the same. After a while, he pulls away, resting his forehead against mine. I open my eyes to find him already looking at me with a smile on his lips.

And in that moment, it was perfect.

_________________________________________________

That was so cute!! I just wejshdfjjhssbkgibsd

Do you guys want mashton?? please comment your thoughts :)

I think I do, bc next chapter will be partially mashton :)

vote and comment pleeeease?? ily