Goodbye

"We will carry them deep in our hearts. Anoki, Asha... you'll be greatly missed," The priest speaks over Anoki and Mom's graves. One of the funeral home's employees holds out a basket of roses to us. Dad and I grab two roses each. I set a rose on Mom's coffin. "I promise, we'll be okay," I whisper softly. I walk over to Anoki's coffin. I sniffle as I place a hand on his coffin. "We fought a lot, Ano... and it doesn't seem real, you being gone. But... we will be okay. Take care of Mom," I whisper as I place the rose on his coffin. I sat back down, next to Jax. "You okay?" He asks softly. I smile at him, tears streaming down my face. "Yes... and no," Jax smiles softly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. 

After the funeral, the Tava hang out at the newly restructured Manor. "I can't believe we lost both of them," Someone says. "What I can't believe is they let the person who was the cause of Asha's death into the clan," Another says. I clear my throat. They both look at me surprised. "I'd greatly appreciate if you kept your mouth shut," I snap. They stopped talking and walk away. Dad stands next to me. "Seems there's a few of that today," I nod. "I'm sorry, Dad. I understand if you regret your decision," He chuckles. "Nonsense. Jax is a nice young man. And if you ask me... he's perfect for you," I shake my head, a smile on my face. "Funny because Mom said something similar," Koi chuckles. "I guess she visited you too," I nod. "She approves of us," He nods. "She told me that too," We smile at each other. "Excuse me," Everyone in the room looks towards the voice. Jax stood on a chair. "I would like to say something," Dad and I looked at each other before turning back to Jax. "I know some of you are hesitant about me being here. But I would like to say that back then, I was a different person. Being around and even knowing Tazana has helped me see the light. To be better than what I was. I will do everything in my power to help you all with everything I can. So, I'm asking you all to forgive me, if you'll give it to me," Everyone looks at each other before laughing heartily. "Son, welcome to the family," We all raise our glasses. Jax smiles at them. "With that said... I'd like to announce something," Jax begins. He steps down from the chair and walks towards me. He gets down on one knee, bringing out a velvet box. He opens it, revealing an engagement ring. "Tazana Tava... Will you marry me?" I place a hand over my mouth. Everyone stares at me. "I can't believe you're doing this..." I mutter. "Of course, I will!" He grins, slipping the ring on my finger. We hug each other while kissing. Everyone cheers. "Tazana!" Everyone turns around to find Logan barge in. "Logan?" I furrow my brows. Jax raises a brow at him. "This... is Logan?" I nod. "Who're you? And why do you have your hands on my girl?" Logan spits. "Logan, you're completely out of line," Dad's voice booms. "Koi, thank God. Stop this nonsense!" Logan gestures to Jax and I. "You seriously think you're welcome here, after that whole fiasco of humiliating Tazana?" One of my cousins, Zane speaks up. Logan chuckles sheepishly. "Right... about that..." "Get outta here!" Zane and some of the others carry him out. Koi turns to us. "Congratulations, you two," He smiles as the mingling starts up again. Jax grabs my hand, leading me out of the room.

He takes me to the garden. We both sit on the same bench we were at several days before. We stare up at the sky. "I'm glad I met you Tazana," Jax whispers. I look over at him and smile. "Me, too, Jax," He takes my hand, intertwining our fingers together. "I'll make you as happy as I can," I smile at him. "You're doing a pretty great job of it, already," He chuckles as he wraps his around  my body. "Thank you for being here, Jax," I whisper. He kisses the top of my head. "I'm glad I'm able to be here for you," We look up at each other. Our lips met once more. A second later, fireworks went off in the sky. We smile in the kiss before pulling away and turning to the fireworks show. 

It should've never turned out this way. Both my brother and mother dying. My plan to turn myself over to the Sakano was ruined by my rescue. But, it worked out the way fate planned it. I don't have my brother or mother anymore, but... I have my Dad and my Fiance. I'm happier than I've been in a long time, and that's the point of all this, right?