Damon's Masquerade

Notes - I know I've taken forever to update this again but I've been sick with Laryngitis recently and working on my story Frozen. So erm.. so say sorry; I've written the next two episodes. Please vote and comment on both even if it's to tell me you hate them. Oh btw..how hot did Damon look in this episode?!!

Masquerade

"Hello Katherine" I greeted as I watched her pathetically cling to the wall of the tomb, like the damsel in distress that she wasn't.

"Where am I?" She asked almost franticly and I could see it in her eyes that she wasn't pleased to see me, it didn't bother me though, I'd put up with her snide comments all evening - at least now I would get the final word.

Knowing this wouldn't be the final word but wanting to hurt her as much as possible I answered venomously "Where you should have been all along!"

I wanted to make this as difficult as possible for her, to get my own back on her, to make her pay for what she'd done so I taunted "I thought you'd have learnt your lesson by now messing with a Bennet Witch."

I was eternally grateful for both the Witches assistance in defeating her but I guessed that she wouldn't be - and of course I guessed correctly becauseshe stated angrily "You should have killed me!"

I didn't want to listen her dictate to me about what I should have done so I grabbed hold of the stone slab bitterly stating "Death would have been too kind!" my eyes burned with the fury of my words as I prepared to trap her in the tomb that I'd tried to rescue her from months ago - what a fool I'd been back then.

Understanding what I was about to do she began to plead desperately "No Damon don't, Damon don't, you need me - Elena's in danger -"

"From who?" I asked curiously trying to keep my worries aside until I got a straight answer from her; which I didn't; deep down I knew I wouldn't - knew she wasn't capable of honesty unless there was something in it for her.

"You're lying - you're always lying." I claimed restlessly, wondering what I ever saw in this girl that was so bitterly selfish and manipulative.

Knowing my patience had grown thin she explained "Why d'you think I haven't killed her; because she's the Doppelganger she needs to be protected." Her explanation worried me but I knew that's what she intended, that it was all part of her cunning scheme to convince me to help her escape.

Pushing the slab slowing I told her nobly "Then I'll protect her - while you rot in hell!" My words were venomous and I heard them echo against the stone walls in the distancebefore I slammed the boulder into the arch; trapping her in the tomb where she should have been all along.

"No Damon don't, I'll do anything please Damon, Damon; you need me - you need me!" her sobs and pleas where silenced once the tomb was concealed completely.

Finally alone I let out a strangled sigh, fighting back the tears that threatened my eyes; I didn't even know why I was upset I hated who Katherine was-I guess I just missed the girl I'd fought to rescue for all those years - I wondered if that girl had ever truly existed or if I'd been unknowingly searching for Elena all along.