Unwanted company

“Be careful, there are monsters in this part of the forest”

Henry walks ahead casually, like what he just said didn’t faze him. Tony and I look at each other and shrug. We have had some wild experiences in the past with monsters and both of us weren’t keen about have any more.

“what type of monsters Rocky” teased Tony, henry turns his head and gives him a death stare.

“I don’t really know to tell you the truth Spar-ky” he stretches sparky out to tease Tony, “the monsters are old and no one really explores this place, they could be fairies or trolls take your pick”.

“Knowing Marco’s luck we would run into trolls, big ugly ones” Tony then pulls a funny face and pokes his tongue out.

I place my hand on Tony’s back, “at least your ugly face would scare them away”, I jump back as he tries to hit me, Henry laughs and Tony after a few seconds laughs as well.

“ok you got me, just wait Marco just wait”

I laugh and move ahead. Tony and Henry followed behind me, today we had walk for hours in silence, and that small bit of talking was a relief. The forest had turned more rugged and wild that before, it lost that special feeling. Plus I hadn’t told the guys but I kept getting the feeling that we were being followed.

“STOP THERE HUMIES”

I spin around to see where that voice had come from but I couldn’t see anyone.

“MOVE MARCO!”

Tony pushes me to the side while jumping towards the opposite direction; I hit the ground hard but manage a glance at three figures standing right where I was before hand. The ground around them was cracked....if I was under that I might have died... I quickly stand up and take a better look at them. They were big, ugly creatures. Two of them were tall and had only one eye while the other was shorter and had a more normal-ish face, I mean he had the right number of everything that was meant to be there, just really ugly. The two larger ones had a giant club in their hands while the shorter one had a bag tied around his body. I pull out my duel edged hand scythe and I see that Tony and Henry pull out their swords.

“guys what are they?”

Tony shakes his head “don’t ask me, this is Rockies home turf”

“I’m not rocky! How many times do I have to tell you.... and those big ones are Cyclopes”

 “well how do we kill them!” I shout.

“Stab them.... I don’t know just get ready to fight”

“YOU HUMIES FINN’ED TALKIN YET, WE IS HUNGRY AND YOU IS LUNCH”

Each of them launched at one of us. Tony and Henry got the two Cyclopes while I got the other one. I rush it head on but... oh yuck what was that. I clench my nose; there was this god awful smell. I look up and I see the ugly thing is smiling as it stops in front of me.

“HUMMIES CAN’T STAND SMELL OF TROLL AND CYCLOPSE, MEANS WE WIN

I look over at Tony and I see him desperately trying to breathe through the smell of the Cyclopes, I turn and look at Henry and see him clutching his throat. Suddenly my throat began to burn and my eyes became watery. I could barely see or walk.

“HUMIES GANT SEE ME, HUMMIES GANT HURT ME, HUMMIES ARE YUMMY,”

 Abruptly I was smashed into a tree.... at least I think it was a tree. I try to stand but before I could I was hit and sent flying again. My back hits something hard and I get winded..... damn.... how can I fight if I can’t even get my body to move. I see a silhouette of something large coming towards me I get up. I wipe my eyes but that does nothing. The troll grabs my head and throws me into another tree. I get up and look at the troll, he must have thrown me pretty far because he seems small now….wait I can see….and the smell is gone…. I look around me and relies that it is sunset, this guy is going down.