A new foe

Marco:

I see someone with two swords in his belt and an angry expression on his face.

“I’m the son of Gaia. And now you will die.”

He leaps forward, swords raised towards us. I look down and try to wiggle my feet out of the ground but they don’t budge. I look back up in time to see Tony get knocked aside by him. Tony lands but doesn’t get back up. I draw out my scythe and turn towards my attacker who is looking at me, after a few seconds he smiles.

“A swordsman’s greatest ability over others is the ability to move quickly and lightly, but also have great power in his attacks”

Suddenly he moved at a breathtaking speed, moving in a zigzag pattern he makes his way towards me. I flex my fingers that are holding my scythe and watched him carefully. I can’t move so if I don’t time his attacks properly then I will get hit.

At the last minute I raise my scythe towards where I think he will be… and my scythe meets his swords. Upon impact, the force of our weapons hitting each other sends a shockwave outward. Startled birds squawk and fly away and dust is blow outward in all directions. This guy wasn’t kidding he defiantly has power in his attacks.

We struggle for a brief moment until he jumps back five meters.

“come on punk, can you only block? A person with a weapon like yours should be able to pull of some attacks”

I look around me and I couldn’t see any sign of Tony, maybe the blast pushed him away? I try to move my feet again but they still won’t budge.

“That’s me dude, you’re stuck there until I either kill you or I get bored of you. Then I’ll let you run for a bit”

Great, if I’m stuck here and Tony is unconscious then how am I going to fight?, surly if he walks behind me I won’t be able to defend myself properly, and its late afternoon, the sun is still up, I won’t have enough energy to create that shield or any of my powerful shadow attacks….. This isn’t good.

“Prepare punk, I’m gonna slash you!”

*Two days previously*

Amreen:

This idea was the best… well it was my idea.

With this armour on I could walk around the enemy camp and look for my bow, I can’t leave here without it.

I walked through the camp and no one gave me a second look. I should have done this in the beginning. I walk over to a tent that look pretty important and peak inside, in there I see a table with a map on it and surrounding the table are canvases with other maps on them. Let’s have a look here.

I look at the map and I see little army figurines in certain places. And beneath these figurines are red lines pointing all over the place. I see one figurine is a tent, defiantly us. I follow the red line with my finger. The line goes over the border and then stops at a military base which is called........ oh shit.....no not there.... they are not taking the prisoners there...... I have to warn someone...... I have to get out.....

“Well well, I found you bitch”

I spin around and find myself standing face to face with Mr ugly Jail keeper.

“You thought you could get awa.... kaaakkac”  

He didn’t get to finish his sentence because I had punched him in the throat. I run out and quick head to another important looking tent, as I burst in I see something that I have been wanting the whole time..

“MY BOW!” I say loudly

The guy standing next to it shakes his head.

“It’s not your darling its one of the prisoners, a very nice one at that. Greek model, strong and very light”

I shake my head and notice a table with other stuff next to him.

“Can I look at it then, the bow? It looks so pretty”, I almost start laughing as this guy falls for the act. I then walk up to him and the bow.

“Sorry babe, this isn’t your day”

I quickly grab a knife from the table and stab him his neck. He falls to the ground without a sound while I get my bow.

Oh how I missed it.

*back to current day*

Marco:

I look towards him again but he seems like a blur, racing towards me in a combination of Zigzags and circles. I’m sweating from trying to keep up with him. Our blades meet again, and other force is sent outward. This time the trees shake and leaves fall to the ground.

He backs up and charges at me again, each time coming at me from different angles. Every time our weapons hit it send a force outward, each one stronger than the last.

“PFFFFTT BOOM”

“PFFFFTT BOOM”

“PFFFFTT BOOM”

The force repelling away from our attacks were creating sounds that I thought the nearby village might hear out fight.

He jumps towards me and begins to slash wildly at me; I spin my scythe in hand so that it blocks his attacks. As I spin my scythe I notice that I can cut away slightly at the ground, I get an Idea but I have to distract him.

“Dude why did you put my friend in a cage, and why are you attacking me!” I scream over the sounds of our blades meeting.

“You know why I did it you Egyptian scum, you guys raided my village while I was away, I’ll never forgive you”

This isn’t right, this guy thinks we are Egyptian and that we raided his village, Arggh is doesn’t matter what he thinks I have to keep him talking. Nearly done.

“I don’t know what you are talking about, let us go and I promise I won’t ever come back”

“Never, I will kill you and then finish off your friend”

Done

I push my scythe deep into the ground as its spinning. It cuts the ground enough so that I can jump out and into the air.

“haha yes I ... what ?”

The ground rises towards me, forms a hand and grabs my foot, dragging me down back to ground level. But instead of only having my feet encased, I begin to sink deeper and deeper and deeper.

“Bloodling, now feel the wraith of Gaia”

My entire body sinks into the ground leaving my face at ground level, facing him. He has his swords facing downwards in both hands, and a giant grin on his face.

“Now you die Egyptian”

_________________________________________

Short chapter I know, im sorry. next one will be good.