Clean Up

Marco:

I didn't sleep for five days. I couldn't sleep for three days. Someone had to clean up the mess......... all the mess....all the bodies.....

I started with all the bodies....I cleaned the blood, removed any weapons that had been left in them, removed their armour to clean it up and then placed it back on, then buried them. Every minute, every second of the first three days I was digging graves or cleaning up bodies.... I burnt the bodies of the enemies; there wasn't anything else to do to them. And I wasn't gonna bury them among side with my friends.

The last two days was cleaning up the grounds. I used my powers at night to move all the debris and burnt buildings to an organised pile. Most of the buildings were unusable. The only buildings that remained in tacked were the armoury and the main school building. It’s funny that the school building survived because it fooled all the normal people, they didn't even know what was behind it let alone anything that happens. What surprised me was that the armoury was still in tacked. Its doors had been sealed shut from the inside but I couldn't get a response from anyone. The doors had scorched marks on it, almost like a fiery battering ram tried to get in. obviously the door held.

At the end of the fifth day I was exhausted, mentally and physically. But I still couldn't sleep. I found the body of Luke, a curved sword stuck out of his chest and a big puddle of dried blood around him. I found a few other people I knew but I couldn't find two people I wanted to, Zethos and Amreen. When I first couldn't find them I thought they might have been vaporised like some of the other bodies, some of them had heads missing, or guts blasted out, and all the bodies had been horrifically burnt. I was afraid that had happened to them. But as I searched I realised that there were a few other people missing which lead me onto my next thought.......what if they are prisoners. The thought made me laugh a little, Amreen as a prisoner, she would probably give the jailers a hard time. Zethos would keep her safe, they are good friends.

I collapsed onto a bed that I had made, the dorms that were within the school were untouched but it didn't seem right to just jump into them. Not with the place so empty. I lay flat on my back on a bed in the middle of mounds of debris that looked like I was laying in between giant ant hills. I was looking at the clear orange and purple sky, sunset. I breathed in slowly, taking in the coolness of the air, and then I exhaled even slower. I repeated this several times and my eyes slowly, slowly became heavy..........

                                                                    Sometime later

"So this is the 'E.B.C', it doesn’t look like anything the brochure said it would.....ah....F##.... why did you hit me"

I woke up to the sound of someone’s voice. I must have slept for a good few hours because I felt refreshed, plus the stars were out.

I stand up and reach for my scythe; it had this silvery glow in the moon light that cast eerie shadows in every direction. I looked around to see who had made the noise but I couldn't see anyone. I tip toe out of the mounds and look towards the school building to see if the intruders are there, nothing. I strain my ears in trying to see if I could hear them but there was nothing, no sound, not a thing. I was about to give up when suddenly I heard the voice again.

"You think anyone made it?" said the voice.

"I don't know" said the other. Two of them now, I wonder what they want.

I walk to the sound of the voices and I spot them, they were walking towards the armoury, and one of them had a key in his hands.

I creep slowly towards the two guys, they were both dressed in dark sappier blue hooded cloaks with silver masks, and as I look closer I would see a breast plate underneath the cloak. Both of them were armed with swords, but I have never seen these types of swords before. The sword was longer and thinner than a normal gladius and only one side was curved and sharpened, the other was straight and blunt. It seemed weird. Normally most people would have trouble seeing all this in the dark, but not me. I can see better in the dark than I could in the day.