An unfortunate quirk of fate- TO BE REWRITTEN

Drunk and drained of energy, Germany left the festival early. He might've been drunk, but not even that was enough to make him forget that it was Monday tomorrow after all- which for him meant talking to the newcomers and introducing them to the EU. It was his duty, as one of the heads. Him, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Italy were the main counties running this place after all. As one of the highest positioned EU members , he was forced to share most duties with France and others, and since France had asked him to help out with the introduction day for the newbies he accepted his fate and decided to take care of at least half of the problem. On a brighter note, he saw this day as an opportunity to establish early connections with his new subordinates. Being a popular and well liked country could really help him out with persuading others to work more efficiently, not to mention an extra bonus of a minor ego boost he got from it. He was a born leader after all . There shouldn't be anyone going against his wishes, especially no insignificant, small country...

6:40 AM

Germany had woken up, memories from last night quickly flashing before his eyes as he rose from the bed, "Verdammt", muttered the country lowly, pressing his palms against his closed eyes.

What was he thinking yesterday night?! Poland? Friendly? Outgoing? ENJOYING HIS COMPANY?!

He couldn't believe that such a thought could ever cross his mind, alcohol clearly must've clouded his good judgment. He couldn't think such things about his historical enemy just like that!

Somewhat disgusted in himself and confused by his drunken thoughts he started to prepare himself to leave for work, putting on a plain white long-sleeved shirt, black pants and a tie.

By 7:15 he was already in the building, discussing how they're gonna share responsibilities during the introduction days. To his surprise, the taller man had already made separate lists for every group, giving each sheet to every team leader of the day; Luxembourg, Belgium and Italy also having their fair share. With that, his previous ridiculously long list of countries have significantly reduced to two- Czechia and... Poland..

A mischievous grin crept onto his face as he gritted his sharp teeth.

He had no choice but to act nice yesterday due to Poland being a host of an important EU event, but now... now he didn't have to play it nice with him.

This thought made him smile as his excitement rose a little. He knew that Czech Republic wasn't going to show up today anyway, in fact he was expecting it since yesterday night, seeing him being completely out of it, he definitely had one, maybe five too many beers for him to avoid being hangover, and just like he predicted Czech had called in sick just five minutes prior to this.

No one will be there to testify against him.

"Looks like I'm gonna have some Fun today." He purred to himself with a mischievous grin
.