Alcohol & reconciliations - TO BE REWRITTEN

It was 13:45, and surely enough, a sudden dash of reflective black form had now caught the attention of the white and red country.He had been waiting on the other side of the bridge for about 40 minutes now, as always, he would arrive at his destination much earlier than he was expected to. However the main reason as to why he was this early was because he knew that Germany himself was always punctual, so not wanting to sit around the music hall any longer he left the building hoping that the fresh air would help him collect his thoughts.

He was now looking at the car driving through the large, blue iron construction, that was the border bridge. Looks like Germany had the same idea when it came to arriving early, as it was still 15 minutes to their scheduled meeting. The black metallic car crossed onto the other side and pulled up in its designated parking spot. Poland watched as the tricoloured country got out of the car, slowly walking towards him. The man was about his height, maybe an inch or two taller. His outfit mainly consisted of various shades of brown, with golden accents.

"Guten Tag, Polen." Greeted Germany with a somewhat of an arrogantly smug half smile on his face, his voice monotone yet with a very small hint of... joy? This was something that made Poland feel a tad bit surprised about, slightly concerned even. What was he planing to do this time to make his life even more miserable than it already was? After all he knew very well that Germany would obviously be quite displeased with having to see him, he found Poland irritating and stupid anyway, and he would usually point it out whenever he got the chance to by talking about him behind his back sometimes he even had the audacity to confronting him about it face to face.

Poland brushed off the thought, Germany was not here just to ruin the event. He couldn't have been! Doing something like that could possibly not end well for him either, besides he was the one of the people that seemed to be all for Poland joining the EU. Sabotaging this event would be like sabotaging his EU career. Not only that, but the fact that his tone didn't seem to be mocking or condescending. Maybe just for the day they could be friends?

Germany extended his hand to Poland, and both of them shook hands. He slightly forced himself to smile at him softly in response to his greeting and answered back, " Guten Tag, Deutschland. Wie geht es dir?"

This didn't really come as a surprise to Germany, Poland spend years being Germanised and Russified, so it was a given that he would be at least semi fluent in those languages, however seeing how Poland felt completely comfortable with having a conversation with him in his own native language made him switch to using English almost instantly, much to Poland's confusion.

Not wanting to feel lesser or maybe trying to show off a tad that he in fact is able to speak foreign languages as well, he continued the conversation in English.

"It is nice to see you after all that time. It's been a while since our last NATO training, hasn't it?" He asked, trying his best to suppress any sarcastic or mocking remark that came to his head, which had proven itself to be a harder task than he expected.

There was something rather satisfying in seeing Poland loose his composure, he always looked so calm and collected- it was exciting to see him look away in frustration, or bite his lip in a protest to his comment when he wanted to respond with something that he was holding himself back from saying. There was nothing he loved more than to show Poland that he will never be even half a country Germany was. It was exciting because of how unusual it was to see. It was exciting because of how much he knew Poland was never the obedient type that didn't mind having others look down on him nor the type to lose his cool. It almost felt like he was doing something that was impossible to do, yet it felt so easy to execute.

"Yes, it's been about a month I believe." The bicoloured country answered in a monotone, almost bored yet friendly voice. "Shall we head to the main hall now? We can walk around the city and go sightseeing for a while If you would like." He inquired.