Chapter 4

Those were the events leading up to my wedding. Now that we’re all caught up, I can continue with my stupid marriage to a stupid vampire king.

Just a recap…

My eyes widened as I realized what had happened, “You bit me!” I exclaimed, “You freaking bit me in a church, on my wedding day, you demonic thing from the fiery pits of hell! I wish to have this marriage annulled! I want out!”

I knew at this point I was embarrassing my family but I didn’t care! I would not be married to a creature that needed blood to survive! As his wife, he would think that he had the right to drink mine but he was dead wrong… See what I did there?

I looked wildly around, looking to anyone – my parents, my grandparents, my brothers, even the priest – for help. None of them came to my rescue.

I turned back to the stupid vampire and the look on his face – as if he was disgusted! – sent the blood that was still left in my body, boiling.

I was so angry that I saw red; I balled up my fist and sent it flying towards his beautiful face. I’d knock him into next week if I could!

No one bites Paige Nicole Hunter and gets away with it!

Everything happened in slow motion; my anger from that kiss/bite was making me sloppy because the vampire managed to redirect my hit and somehow I ended up being carried in his arms, bridal style.

I blinked, it all happened so fast, I wasn't even sure my family saw what happened.

He carried me down the aisle in no time, and turned back to the surprised crowd to say, "We will see you all at the reception," and just like that, he took me out of the church; probably because he couldn't take the agonizing pain anymore.

I pouted (yes, I was too independent to faint, but I still pouted) as he carried me to the limo waiting outside, on a bright, sunny day, may I add, and placed me gently in the backseat.

Well, for a bloodsucking monster, he sure was gentle with me. As if I'd break if he squeezed me too hard.

He went around the other side and piled his long frame in as well. He told the driver to take us to the reception (which was three hours away - obviously a plot for me to try and get to know my husband better before we had to socialize with werewolves and vampires alike).

It was silent for about five minutes, I was still stewing in my anger, when he said, "Paige, it is finally nice to meet you."

I looked away from the window I was staring out of and over to him. He really was gorgeous, even his fangs looked nice on him.

Raven, black hair; crystal, blue eyes, full lips, a straight, regal nose; and a smile that showed off an impressive set of hardware.

Funny my family did this marriage the way they did; if they didn't tell me he was a vampire and he just magically appeared in my life one day, I would have fallen head over heels pretty quickly. But obviously I'd find out he was a bloodsucker and then we'd still be in the same situation.

Although I was bowled over by his beauty, I managed a scoff, "Sure."

He looked troubled and made an attempt to touch my hand. I would have let him too (he did have nice hands) but when I looked down at my bloodstained glove, I recoiled from him.

He sighed and said, "Paige, I do not want this marriage to be a miserable one."

I scoffed again, if he thought I was going to make this union easy on him he was sadly mistaken.