October!

[Note: This chapter thing is one of the longer one's. It also has the episode Strange Days in it, and I assigned random (not really) dates to various things. Beware! This chapter has a different point of view!]

* * * * * * *

It's October 9th, a Thursday, and my mother has not come back from last night. She was watching the news and then she ran off to the middle of Manhattan and didn't come back. Of course I'm worried, so is Dad and Bucky. Well, actually I hope that Bucky is worried. Sometimes he isn't, sometimes he is, whatever. I mean, we were all really worried when she went missing for 9 months. Why no one actually went to look for her is bewildering.

"So, Dad, where's Mum?" I wonder during passing period. I had some time to kill and everyone is going to be late for Math anyway, everyone always is because the teacher is usually late. She's lenient with us and says that we have plenty of time for school work even if we don't have the first 13 minutes.

"She's unable to teach at the current moment," he replies.

"Where is she? She didn't come home last night."

"She's fine. She isn't dead, that I promise." I can't tell if he's lying. Well, she's probably not dead. "Now get to class, you don't want to be late." I nod and leave the principal's office. Knowing my mother she'll probably end up appearing in the middle of class one day all beat up and injured and she's not going to tell people why. And then, of course, I'll stay after class and ask why she's so beat up.

* * * * * * *

October 13, still no sign of my mother. The first class of the day for me is English with MJ, Harry, Peter, Flash, Sam, Luke, and Danny. Anyway, so when the class is in the middle of something and Danny is reading poetry, someone knocks on the door and enters. It's an asian girl with black hair in pigtails and glasses. She's in a typical Japanese school uniform and she seems kind of nervous. As I look back down at the paper we are supposed to be filling out, I see that everyone's else decided to look at her too.

"Um, hi, I'm Kako..." the girl says, handing Ms. Holtz (our teacher) a piece of paper.

"Oh Kako?" the teacher says, then she claps her hands to get everyone's attention. "Everyone, we have a new student!"

"I have an empty seat next to me, Ms. Holtz," I tell the teacher, waving my hand at her to get her attention.

"Peggy is the one in the purple, go sit next to her," Ms. Holtz tells Kako. The new girl walks over awkwardly. "Where are you from Miss Kako?"

"Say Afghanistan," Harry whispers, he sits next to Peter, who sits next to me and MJ sits on the other side of Harry.

"Don't listen to him," Mary Jane states.

"My name is Kako Honda and I'm a transfer student from China. I'm here to-to," Kako stutters, then coughs, "stay for a while. I am excited to have this opportunity to be in your class." She bows then sits down.

"Dork," Harry mutters. Peter gives him a dirty look and I notice that Kako cringes from the corner of my eye.

"That's mean," Peter tells Harry. Harry shrugs.

"Whatever, you're a dork too, Pete."

"Shh!" I hiss at them, mostly towards Harry though. "Don't...scare...the new girl."

"Scare? I'm not scaring anybody," Harry retorts. I growl in frustration, perhaps a bit too loud, because the teacher says afterwards...

"Harry, Peggy, do you have something you'd like to share with the class?"

"No," Harry says immediately.

"No, I don't," I tell Ms. Holtz. "I was just telling Harry to be quiet."