39- Falling Apart

Despite everything that had happened in the past, Sara had never imagined a future, without Sirius at her side, since the two of them had spent nearly a year, safely hiding in Grimmauld Place together.
Even when they had been on the run, Sara's worst fear at the time was being Kissed by a Dementor, losing Sirius hadn't even been an option for her.
But now she was kneeling on the cold stone floor, inside the Ministry of Magic, and Sirius was dead.
Everything around her seemed blurry, and Sara was unable to focus on anything.
She was aware that two people had run out of the room, but Sara could not tell who they were.
Sara's whole body was shaking, as tears streamed down her face, and she came very close to losing control.

There were people talking all around her, but Sara was incapable of focusing on the sounds they were making.
This was until Remus knelt down on the floor in front of her, as another figure exited the room.
"Sara. Sara, it's me. Can you hear me?" Asked Remus.
Sara was in no fit state to form a reply, instead her body fell even closer to the floor, as she clenched her fists tightly.
"Sara. Sara! Listen to me, you need to focus. You need to stay in control" reminded Remus.
Sara's head seemed to be split in two, as one side of her seemed to be losing control, and was desperately trying to fall apart over Sirius' death. While the other side of her mind tried to remind her that she couldn't lose control and transform into a dragon, in the middle of the Ministry. And the two sides kept fighting for dominence, inside her head.

Although Sara's potion usually kept her dragon side at bay, when she became stressed or emotional, it became harder for it to keep her human.
"Sara, look around the room. Look at the people in here. You can't afford to lose control in front of them, Sara" insisted Remus.
Sara gritted her teeth, and lifted up her head, to look at the other people in the room around her.
There were several Death Eaters who had been tied up by the Order members who were still in fighting condition, as well as many of Harry's friends, some of which were lying unconscious on the floor.
Sara knew that losing control, would put all those in the room, at risk, and she didn't want to do that. However, her grief over losing Sirius, was taking over her body and her thoughts.

"I- I can't. I can't keep it in" sobbed Sara, before letting out another loud scream.
Her potion was doing its job, as she wasn't in any physical pain. But this time it was her emotional pain, that was making her lose focus, and trying to make her change.
Normally, at times like this, Sara would think of her strongest memories, as that would keep her human, but thinking of those memories was only bringing her more pain.
"Sara, you can do this. I know you can. You're stronger than all of us" admitted Remus, who was still kneeling in front of her.
"I can't" cried Sara.
"You can... Think- Think of Harry. You need to stay human, for him"
"But Sirius is de-"
"Don't think about that. Think about Harry, and staying human. That is what you need to be focusing on right now".

Sara pressed her fists into her temples, hoping that the physical pain, would cement her in the present, and keep her human.
"Lupin, you need to think of something, and fast. The Ministry officials will be here any second, and we can't have her turning into a dragon in front of them" warned Kingsley.
"I- I don't know what else I can say to her. She's falling apart Kingsley, and there is nothing I can do to stop her!" Screamed Remus.
Although Sara could hear the others talking about her, their words meant nothing to her.
"If she can't stay in control. Then there is only one option left to us" admitted Kingsley, as he approached Remus and Sara.
Before Sara had a chance to react to his prescence, she felt a sharp prick in her arm, which made her start to feel very tired, and within seconds, she was fast asleep.

****

When Sara woke up, she found herself in a strange white room, with a worried looking figure beside her.
Sara tried to push herself up, but she realised that her wrist was tied to the bed she was lying in, by a metal handcuff.
"It's O.K".
Sara frowned at the figure sat next to her, whom she realised was Remus.
"What happened?" She questioned.
"You were starting to lose control. So Kingsley injected you with a sleeping Potion, that Dumbledore had given him months ago, in case of an emergancy" revealed Remus.
"That explains why I started feeling so sleepy. But that does not explain this" replied Sara, pointing at her wrist.
"Ah, well, we are currently in St Mungo's you see, and they were forced to put that on you, as a safety precaution".