18- Christmas Bliss

On the day of the first Triwizard tournement task, Sirius and Sara were very nervous. They spent the whole day and night pacing around their cave, until Sirius left the following morning to steal someone's Daily Prophet.
When he returned and they read that Harry had made it through in one piece, they were very happy, and proud of their godson.
Harry's letter arrived a few days later, via Pigwidgeon, since it was too dangerous for him to keep using Hedwig. He had written about everything that had happened during his task, in extreme detail, which made Sirius grin, and Sara worry, as the whole thing had been very life-threatening.
The pair re-read Harry's letter many times during the next few weeks, as well as sending him a reply, praising him for his skill at getting passed the dragon.

"You know, I never thought I'd miss the Shrieking Shack" shivered Sara, as Sirius re-entered the cave, a few days before Christmas, after sending Harry his present.
"At least the shack had four walls, even if there were a few holes in them. And a bed to sleep in" continued Sara, snuggling up to Buckbeak, to try and keep herself warm.
Sirius made his way over her, and changed back into a human.
"You sent Harry the knife?" Sara questioned.
Sirius nodded, and wrapped his arm around Sara, for warmth.
"Yep. Hopefully he should awake with at least one good present on Christmas day. Though I don't think it will beat the Firebolt we got him last year" admitted Sirius.
"Well he can't expect super expensive broomsticks every year, we are on the run you know" reminded Sara.

"I just don't want Harry to think that we've forgotton him. After years of bad presents from the Durselys, he deserves some good gifts" Sirius said quietly.
"Well he has friends at Hogwarts, who will give him presents as well. So it's not just down to us" replied Sara.
"I know. But we're his only family, we should be spoiling him, and giving him everything he wants. After everything he's been through, he should have the best"
"He has our love Sirius, and right now that probably means more to him, than a load of presents. Harry has his parents fortune in his vault, so he can buy anything that he wants to, at any time. So I don't think presents are overally important to him. He has us now, and I'm pretty sure we matter more to him than a shiny new toy"
"Doesn't stop me wanting to spoil him"
"I understand, but I think Harry has become a very kind and generous boy, because he was not spoiled as a child. If James had raised him, then Harry would have become a copy of his father, in personality as well as looks. And you can remember what James was like, when he first came to Hogwarts".

"A prankster" grinned Sirius.
"A proud, selfish, bully" countered Sara.
Sirius frowned.
"It's true Sirius, and you know it. It took years of being around us, before he became a nicer human being. He was my brother, like he was yours, but even I can see that he had faults. I don't think he really changed, until he was much older and had Lily in his life" admitted Sara.
"Lily made him more boring, that's for sure" mumbled Sirius.
Sara rolled her eyes.
"She made him a better person. She succeeded where we failed".
"Whatever" grumbled Sirius folding his arms.
Sara sighed, as she knew that deep down, Sirius had never grown up, like the rest of them had. He was still the rebellious teenager, she had befriended in her youth, just a bit more damaged.

"It's a shame that I can't show my face outside any more, to buy some decent food and supplies. But I guess that's what happens when you are dating a wanted criminal" sighed Sara, as she shivered once more.
Sirius kissed Sara's cheek softly, before transforming into Padfoot, and lying across Sara's lap, to keep her warm.
Sara grinned, and began scratching Sirius' head softly, which he seemed to enjoy.
Having Sirius' warm body across her legs, and Buckbeak's flank behind her, did warm Sara up, and that was how she intended to sleep for the rest of the winter.

****

When Sara woke up a few days later, early on Christmas morning, she saw two owls sitting in front of her, with packages tied to their legs.
Sara gently, lifted Sirius' head off her lap, and approached the owls.
She freed the owl closest to her first, allowing it to fly off, before opening the parcel it had been carryinv.
Inside was a letter from Harry, and a whole bundle full of food.
Sara grinned, as her mouth watered, looking at the delicous food in front her. She made a mental note to thank Harry, when she next saw him.
She then moved over to the second owl, that she didn't recognise, and removed the letter from its leg.
Sara frowned, as she didn't recognise the handwritting on the front of the envelope either. But before she had a chance to open it, Sirius appeared at her side, back in human form.

"Who is this from?" Questioned Sara suspiciously.
Sirius took the letter from Sara, but said nothing.
"Well?" Sara asked again.
"It's from Dumbledore" revealed Sirius, as he ripped open the letter.
Sara's jaw dropped, and she frowned.
"You've been talking to Dumbledore, without telling me!".
"I knew you would be mad" sighed Sirius.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I knew that you would think that it was too risky. But we can trust Dumbledore. I've been writing to him, ever since Harry's scar started hurting earlier this year, because I thought he needed to know, and I was right"
"So Dumbledore is on our side?"
"Yes. He told Harry and Hermione how to free us from Flitwick's tower, since he couldn't do it himself. We can trust him"
"I hope you're right".

Sara shuffled to the side, and showed Sirius the food that Harry had brought them, and they both smiled.
"It looks like we are going to have a feast today" he grinned.
Sara nodded.
"Yes. We owe that boy a lot".
"We certainly do... Well, happy Christmas Sara"
"Happy Christmas Sirius".
Sara leaned in and kissed Sirius on the lips, forgiving him for keeping his letters to Dumbledore a secret from her. Since she knew that he was doing what he thought was best.

Sirius tried to kiss her again, but Sara shoved a dumpling into his mouth from the pile of food, causing him to splutter.
Sara chuckled mischieviously, and Sirius raised an eyebrow.
"So that's how you want to play it, is it?" he whispered.
Sirius pushed Sara to the ground, and she giggled, as he kissed her softly on the forehead.
"I win" he muttered.
Sara closed her eyes, as Sirius' lips began working their way up her neck, sending a tingling feeling throughout her body.
Despite her hatred of the cold, and sleeping on the ground, Sara would gladly endure it all, if she could be with Sirius, forever and ever.

************
If some of the chapter's appear twice, I am sorry. I don't know why this has happened, but I don't seem to be able change this, as they don't appear like that when I go to edit, but are there when I view it as a reader.
Please continue with the book, but of course you don't need to read each chapter twice.