Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Song/Songs dedication:
Small Bump by Ed Sheeran
If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away by Justin Moore

****Linzey's POV****

"Hey, Luke." Josh forced a microscopic smile on his mouth as he nervously began to fidget. He obviously felt the tension in the room as well as the rest of us, but instead of doing the sane thing and letting go of my body he decided to clutch me tighter to him. I couldn't move though or fight it as my body stood frozen and my eyes starred intently in Luke's awaiting for the explosion to go off, destroying everything in it's path.

Before I knew it his dark brown eyes became a tint darker reminding me of charcoal, and any trace of emotion had fled from his cornea, all emotion except furry. That's when I knew the bomb was ticking faster and faster, and that it was time to duck and cover, however I couldn't bring myself to do so.

"Get your hands off of my girl, and crawl back into whatever hole you climbed out of." Luke spat with venom, roughly yanking Josh's body from my own. Josh stumbled slightly, but quickly gained his composure just in time for Luke to draw back his fist and clobber him directly in the face. A gasp fell from my lips and I cringed slightly as Josh's body made contact with the wooden floor boards, and it became apparent to me that an abundant amount of blood was oozing from his nostrils.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Luke?" I seethed as I knelt down to my friends side and began to observe the state of his open wounds. It wasn't like Luke to just hit somebody like that for no reason. In fact, I always admired the calmness he obtained when it came to rough situations such as this one. "Are you okay?" I questioned as I pushed a stray strand of blonde hair from his blue eyes.

"I'm fine." He groggily croaked, giving me a fraction of a smile. I knew he was lying though because of all of the scarlet surrounding his face and the tone of his broken voice. If his nose wasn't broken, it was pretty damn close to it. "He wouldn't have been if I had a few more minutes to put his ass back in place." Luke's voice assured from behind me, causing me to glance at him with a deep glare. If looks could kill- well we all know what state Luke would be in at this point.

"Now isn't the time, Luke." I groaned. "Especially when your the cause of this." I all but whispered, pointing to Josh wound as I stood on my feet once more. "Well maybe the two of you should keep your hands to yourself's!" He protested. "And maybe just maybe, you should stop being a dick and actually listen before you assume things!" I argued. "Maybe you should actually trust me." My voice was barely audible as I directed my attention to the floor where Josh was still resting with his index fingers massaging his temples.

"E-Excuse me." The light sound of Angel's why was barely heard, but it was loud enough to catch our attention as the three of us all glanced at the doorway where she nervously fidgeted with her fingers and bit her lip. "I-I'm sorry to, I'm sorry to interrupt, but-but uh dinners going to be finished soon." She smiled whole-heartedly at us as she then began to mess with the end of her shirt.

"Alright, thank you, El." I smiled forcefully. She lightly nodded before turning around and scurrying away. An intense surrounded the room and was almost suffocating as we all silently pleading for someone to end it. I remember when the three of us were still quite close and a moment like this was far from being a part of what I would've pictured for our future. Back then I thought we'd always be the close friends, almost exactly like Harry Potter's small trio of friends.

"I'm leaving." Luke finally announced, clearing the silence, and breaking my train of thoughts all at once. I was more than happy that the silence was over, but there was no way I would let Luke leave when he was in such a fragile state of mind. "N-No." I stammered as I clutched tightly on his sleeve, preventing him from turning around like he intended.