Chapter 17 (IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!)

Song/Songs of the chapter:
Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain) by Gary Allan
Drunk On You by Luke Bryan

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE!!!!! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!

*****Linzey's POV*****
"You tired?" Luke questioned and I shook my head no but, failed at my lie as a soft yawn fell from my lips making Luke chuckle. "Are you sure about that?" He questioned still chuckling.

"Mm no but, can we just stay down here? I'm really comfy and you make a great pillow." I smiled while burying my head in his chest. Right now we were laying on the couch with the tv playing a random movie I couldn't remember the name of and everyone else was fast asleep. "Sure." Luke laughed as I looked up at him smiling.

"Good." I giggled while he took a piece of my blonde hair and began to twirl it around his finger in fascination. I opened my mouth to say something but, Luke spoke first. "You know I've always loved your hair. It's so long, soft, and, just beautiful. Everything about you is--beautiful." Luke stopped staring at the piece of my hair letting his eyes meet mine as a smile showed up on his mouth. I smiled as my cheeks turned a crimson red as they heated up in a deep blush and looked down.

Luke let go of my hair pressing his index finger under my chin and lifting my head head up to meet his eyes. "I love you." He whispered with his lips inches from mine before he softly pressed his soft lips against my own making the familiar sparks run through every inch of my veins. "I love you too." I smiled before wrapping my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist as I buried my head into his neck lightly pecking him there.

"Can you sing to me?" I asked with my lips almost touching his ear. "Sure baby, what song?" He asked. "How about-" I paused as I thought about it. "I want to hear Drunk On You, it's one of my favorite Luke Bryan originals." I giggle. "Is that so?" He taunts playfully. "It is, now are you gonna sing or, not?" I laughed as Luke did the same. "Yes but, only because you've been so patient." Luke jokes.

The cotton wood fallin' like snow in July
Sunset, riverside, four wheel drive and a tail light circle
Roll down the windows, turn it on up
Poor a little Crown in a Dixie cup
Get the party, started

Luke's beautiful voice softly sings in my ear.

Girl you make my speakers go "BOOM BOOM"
Dancin' on the tailgate in a full moon
That kinda thing makes a man go mhmm mhmm
You're lookin' so good in what's left of those blue jeans
Drip of honey on the money maker gotta bee
The best buzz I'm ever gonna find..
I'm a little drunk on you, and high on summertime

Well if you ain't a ten, you're a 9.9
Tippin' and spillin' that homemade wine on your tied-up, tshirt
Every little kiss is drivin me wild, throwin little cherry bombs into my fire
Good God al-mighty

The soft, hypnotizing sound of Luke's voice rang in my ears making it almost impossible to keep my eyes open and after a while of fighting it I finally let my eyes shut and I fell into a peaceful sleep that was nothing like the night before, thank God.

*****Luke's POV*****
Damn. Linzey was the most adorable thing I had ever seen as she laid down on my chest with her eyes softly shut and soft breathing falling from her lips. Her blonde hair was spread out all over my chest looking like a beautiful mess of curls. Nothing felt better then holding her this close to me and after years of thinking I would never have her it felt incredible. It was almost like a dream, a very good dream.

And like most dreams I didn't want this one to end. It's like that moment when you are dreaming of the best thing in the world and you're wanting so badly not to wake up but, then you end up doing just that. I just pray that this dream doesn't come to a crashing end and that I stay asleep forever.

Sighing a press a soft kiss to the beautiful girls head before laying back and letting myself join her in what I hope is a peaceful sleep.

*Earlier that morning when Linzey explained her dream to Luke*

"You don't have to tell me." I assuringly smiled while rubbing soft circles on Linzey's smooth hands. We had been sitting Indian style on her large bed with our hands connected in between us while we starred deep into each other's eyes. "Yeah, I do." She paused letting out a huge sigh. "Because if I don't it'll eat me a live."

"O-Kay." I slowly nodded scared of what the dream could have consisted of and I somehow wondered if it had to do with a certain idiot named Josh but, I didn't question. It didn't matter who it was about only that it upset the angelic angel in front of me. I hated how much of an effect it had on her and even though the sobs had came to an and her eyes had dried I knew it still bothered her.

"Okay." Linzey released a soft sight from her lips. "Well at first it was just- I don't I was standing in the middle of a dark, unfamiliar hallway. It seemed like the typical creepy dream and it seemed that way up until the point where..W-Where I-I walked i-into a room that was l-lit up a-and s-saw you laying there d-d-d" I could tell into pained her to try and force the words from her mouth as tears sprung in her eyes. I knew what she was about to say so I quickly hushed her pulling her closer as she sobbed into my chest while tightly gripping her small hands on my shirt.

"It's okay." I cooed. "I'm fine, I'm here now and I'm far from dead." I assured her while petting her soft curls. She nodded but, continued to sob while doing so. "What---made---it even---worse---was who did it." She cried in between sobs. My mind automatically jumped to Luke so I was surprised when the next words fell from her mouth, "It was Z-Zayn."

Sorry this wasn't very long (I didn't realize how short it actually was...) but, it's really late and I'm honestly about to pass out. Also sorry it wasn't great but, part of it was wrote during exams and yeahhhhh. Anyways I was wondering if you guys could please do me a favor and ask any questions you would like to ask any character or, myself because soon I want to do a interview/Q&A type of thing. I'll also put up two loooooong chapters (Almost as long as Luke's, well, you know...) the day I do it. Oh and you can ask any amount of questions. You can even ask a question to/about someone who's not in here anymore *Cough* Josh *Cough* *Cough* or, not in here a lot. *Cough* Zayn. * Cough* *Cough* Hahaha. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!! :3

-SHANNON XOXOXOXO