{Escaping Into The Night.}

What woke me up was when my dad came rushing home late in the middle of the night. It had surprised me and I quickly sat up in my bed as he went into my mom room, telling her to pack quickly and she demanded to know what happened out there. He soon went to Kavan room telling him and they both started arguing about Kavan leaving like he always did. Dad told him to go on ahead, leave the family to guilt my brother who was just as sick and tired as I was of always moving.

My dad rushed into my room and grabbed my suitcase. Blood was all over his bare ebony chest, face, and all over his light blue jeans. I could smell it on him. I knew what had happened in the woods but always, I never asked. He came over to my bed and placed his hand on my cheek, forcing a smile on his face to hide his fear but I could easily see it in his eyes. "Thalia, hurry up."

I reached up before his hands went away, giving him a pleading look, "Daddy, please. I just started making friends and—daddy!" I cried out as he ignored me and went to walk away but I quickly got up. I grabbed his arm, stopping him, "Please don't make us leave. I like it here, I started making friends and I don't wanna leave!"

His soft look he always tired to put on turn cold and he bared his teeth, his green eyes turning reddish yellow color, "Pack Thalia. We have to leave soon."

I jerked back, letting go of him. Kavan came into my room after dad left and he shook his head, "Told you unpacking was pointless. Been here only five months and we're leaving again."

"Kave, please talk to him—"

He ignored me and opened my draw. He grabbed my clothes and started throwing clothes into it. He grabbed the folden boxes from the closet and threw some of my personal stuff in it. My mom came into my room and she looked surprised since I had been just standing there.

"Thalia, move!" she said, taking my hand in hers. She grabbed my shoes and forced them on without socks. I started fighting her when she tired dressing me, but I fell down to the ground in stubbornness. I shook my head as she reached down, trying to pull me up.

"No! I wanna stay!" I yelled.

My mom cried in frustration and she grabbed me by my long brown wavy hair. She never did that unless I was being difficult and it worked. I quickly stood up and Kavan already had most of my stuff pack into the car. She grabbed my arm, her blue eyes turning yellow, "I know you hate this life, but you do live in it even if you like it or not. It's who you are and you can't change it."

I pulled away, glaring at her, "I hate living like this! I don't wanna be a Jaguar if we're always leaving like running like criminals. You shouldn't have been arguing with daddy and maybe he wouldn't have left angry and do something stupid. He was doing well and you had to fuck it up."

Her mouth stiffen and she shook her head, "Thalia Blackthrone, you will not talk to me like that ever again. I am your mother and you will do whatever I say. You are still a cub and if you live in this family, you have no say."

Dad came back into the room, "Ready?"

My mom didn't look away from me, "Thalia, you tell your father if you believe you could make it out there on your own. You're sixteenth birthday is in two weeks, you'll be a full Jaguar. You think you can make it out in the real world? You think it's hard now, it can only get harder young lady!"

Dad walked over towards my heated mom and put his hand on her shoulder, "Celeste, you were young to once. You know how Thalia feels but Thalia, you are getting in that car."

My mouth fell as I stared at him before sighing heavily. I walked passed them both and went outside in the cold winter night. We always never got everything each time we moved, which sucked but it's always what we could carry into dad van. We all huddled into the tight van and I sat close to Kavan since he was really warm and the heater broke. He was full grown Jaguar, twenty years old and wanting freedom as badly as I do.