{Swallowing My Pride.}

I swallowed my pride and called my parents. I nervously waited for them to pick up the phone but I figured they must be sleeping. When the voicemail came, I cleared my throat, "Dad, something happened. Drive to the apartment building and wait until the morning. If no one comes back--go to Blackstone Forest. Don't find us there, leave. Find Kavan and head far, far away. I'm sorry, I screwed up." I lowered the phone and pressed the end button. Taking a deep breath, I turned to Rian, "Head to the station. Tell Ander what happened here and. . .just move-"

He scoffed as he stood up, "I'll not letting you go alone."

I scoffed this time, "This isn't some game Rian it's real--"

"Stop doubting me!" he yelled. "I'm going with you, Thalia. I'm not letting you go alone, no matter how dangerous it is."

I breathed out heavily, "But Rian, it's danger-"

"Dangerous, Yes I understand. I know this is serious, I know I'm putting my life at risk. I'm not letting you go through it alone though." he said. "If your going, so am I." I had a strong feeling no matter what, Rian wasn't going to leave me to fight this alone.

*

It took awhile to find a car that wasn't lock and hot wire it. Rian drove an two and half hours of the city to Blackstone Forest.

I looked out into the inky dark woods when he parked the car and we got out. I could see perfectly through the forest but Rian still needed a flash light. As we stepped in, I took a deep breath of the air trying to find Jaguars. At first, was faint but the further we go inside the forest the more it got stronger and stronger.

Yet, I only smelled two Jaguars. Ones was Aunt Hala. When we were less than a mile away, I turned to Rian and held the gun out to him I quickly bought from a guy I knew who sold these. Lets not ask questions.

Ge stared at it for a moment before he took it and placed in bis waistbane. I forced a smile to him and he gave me one back before we continued over to Vasco.

I found him sitting on a small boulder with his back facing us. He seemed to be picking his nails with the tip of his knife. I saw Aunt Hala passed out of the ground next to him. I knew she wasn't dead because Silver Jaguars stay in Jaguar form when dead and she was in human skin.

"I had to take care of Neve ever since she was three." Vasco said. "I was only nine when our parents died so I quickly became the main in charge. We were bounced around family but they didn't really care for us. So when I was sixteen I raised her myself. It was actually a big burden, Neve had this lust danger. She liked expensive clothes, cigarettes when she was thirteen, promiscuous, and liked to nag allot. But yet, she was my sister and I promised I will always love her."

I held my hand up to Rian before I stepped forward, "She threatened me, Vasco. It was my role to protect myself. It's unwritten law."

"And it's unwritten law I can take revenge for my sister." he said.

"It doesn't have to go this way." I told him. "No more blood should have to be spread tonight."

"Maybe if this was a perfect world." he said. "No matter if we live in places with large buildings this is still an animal kingdon. It's you or your aunt, doesn't matter to me. Both of your skin will cost allot equally though."

"My skin isn't up for sale or my aunt." I said. "I don't wanna do this, Vasco. I understand your pain but I don't wanna fight with you. Just let us leave."

His snapped around as he glared at me with this reddish-yellow eyes, "Stop insulting me, Thalia." He quickly got up and walked towards me until he was six feet away, "We're gonna play by the rules whether you like it or not! Your gonna be a Jaguar once in your life!"