Chapter 6

So, life was going as usual. Going to school, meeting up with Stephen and Walter, attending classes, goofing around with those two idiots, spending my extra time with them. Everything was just normal.

FUCKING HELL I WAS GOING MAD.

Nothing has been normal in my life since that fateful night. I have been fantasizing about it in the most erotic ways. Whenever I am close to him, I just want to touch him everywhere and kiss him over and over again. I may look calm on the outside or behave as if nothing has happened, but on the inside, I am freaking out, every fucking second. I bet that day is not far when I will just grab him by his collar, push him on the nearest wall and snog the life out of him. That's how frustrated I am.

I don't know what's going on in Stephens' mind, he did say that he liked the kiss though. He seems to behave very normal, but I don't know if it's my imagination, I have often seen Stephen looking at me with a very intense look. He looks at me in a way you would look at your lover. Also on some occasions, I also saw a hint of jealousy whenever I used to talk about how hot a guy looked or when Walter jokes about setting me up on a date with a guy. Friends don't get such feeling about each other.

But irrespective of everything that has been going on, I have been attending every single one of his games. I had promised him to see all his games and I would keep it. On some of the games, my parents also came with me and they just couldn't stop gushing about how well Stephen played and how he is the future superstar basketball player. So to the naked eye, everything was normal.

(Time leap of 2 months)

Okay, now I think I am really going insane. I am not in control of my feelings. I have been subtly touching Stephen here and there and now I have also started flirting with him, full-on. I crave for him every single moment I am not with him. I have also kissed him. Not on the lips silly, but on the cheeks, but I also do that with Walter as well, so I think that Stephen does not really bother about it.

Talking about Walter, he knows everything about how I feel. Not that I had to tell him anything, he figured it out himself. And that bastard just wouldn't tell me what Stephen feels about all this. He seems to be enjoying the torture I am going through for the past 2 months. And today he set up a sleepover at Stephen's house, saying that he had some relatives coming over that night at his place due to which it wasn't possible to meet at his house. I glared at him so bad, I wanted to kill him there and then and bury his body somewhere in the woods. I know he was making up things. That bloody motherfucking rascal.

So here I was, in my room, packing my overnight bag. Well more like stuffing my clothes in it. I was angry at Walter but angrier at myself. My feelings have become stronger and it seems that it won't be long before I fall in love with him. But I don't want to have a one-sided love. Why is it not possible to somehow just ignore whatever I feel? Why do I have to fall for someone who will never return my feelings? I know I will be hurt at the end of all of this. We will graduate, go to college, he will find someone who is as good as him, and they will fall in love, get married, adopt a kid and live happily ever after. And what will I be doing? I will be in the background as his friend, being an audience to all of this. I huffed and sat down on my bed. I am again overcome with that same fear that I had that night, the fear of losing my friendship over my feelings for him.

I jumped from my place when I heard a car horn. That must be Walter, he was giving me a ride today. So with a sigh, I picked up my bag and went downstairs, telling my parents about me leaving and returning the next morning.

"So, how are you lover boy?"

Walter smirked and said the moment I sat down beside him in the car.

"Shut up and drive," I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why are you sulking? Shouldn't you be excited that you are finally going to spend the night with your one and only?"