Chapter 5

I was dreading this day. I did not want the morning to come. And even if it came, much to my disappointment, I didn't want to get up.

I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling fan. I don't know why I am being so paranoid. I mean we are friends. And friends kiss each other right?

On the lips? Yeah sure.

Urgh. It's better that I get up, or I'll just go crazy. I went to the bathroom and freshened up. I heard some noise in the kitchen, which means that my parents were awake. I walked down the steps and silently sat down at the kitchen counter. Usually, I would have wished them and asked about their work or just joked around. But today, there were too many thoughts that were going around in my mind.

"Goodmorning Finny."

I jumped a bit when I heard my dad's voice. God, I should stay focused.

"Morning dad and mom. When did you guys come back?"

"We came back very late dear. But you were fast asleep by then. How was the match yesterday? Did you enjoy yourself?"

"The match was good. I really enjoyed it. I wish you guys would have also come." I just wanted to divert the topic.

"By the way, who won?" This time it was dad who asked. He was looking at me as if scrutinizing my every expression. And that made me nervous.

"Our team, obviously. We have such good players." I completely ignored his scrutinizing gaze and tried to be as normal as I could be and skipped the details about how Stephen played.

"Hmm. That's good, then. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself." My mom, oblivious of my behavior, smiled and put our breakfast plates in front of us. I instantly started eating, but my dad was still watching me. He knew something was wrong with me.

Shit.

"Uh, so I'm meeting up with Walter and Stephen today."

"Oh, that's great dear. When will you be going then?" My mom seemed to be very excited.

"I don't know. Walter said that he would call and tell me. But most probably before lunch." I nodded and got off the chair to keep my plate in the sink, totally ignoring the hawk-like looks by my dad.

"I'm going to my room."

I hurriedly went to my room and lay down again. It was a Saturday so I didn't have much to do at the moment. But I also did not want to face Stephen. I mean, I know I would have to eventually see him at school but if I can avoid him for these two days then maybe I will be able to forget everything. Maybe even he forgets it. That'll be so relieving. So I decided that if Walter calls, I will make some excuse so that I don't have to go.

And as if he had heard whatever I was thinking, my phone started to ring. Since I knew it could only be Walter I did not bother looking at the ID and clicked on the receive button.

"Hey," I said in a way as if I was dying at the moment.

"Don't you dare pull that trick with me. I have tried that so many times that I can very well tell when a person is faking. So get the fuck up and come to my place. Or rather meet me at McDonalds near the 6th Cross (A/N: It's a made-up name. So please don't hate me). I'll take something to eat from there and pick you up as well."

"What about--"

"He is not coming. He said he had practice for the next game. So don't worry, it's just you and me."

"Alright then. I'll see you in another half an hour."

"See you buddy"

Walter's POV