Chapter 9

"Hey Stephen, guess what happened?" Walter said after giving him a hug and an evil smile.

This is definitely not good.

"What happened? Hey Fin." He addressed the last part to me and hugged me.

"Our math lover landed himself a date."

To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. I was baffled. What was Walter trying to do here?

I felt Stephen's body freeze and his heartbeat started getting faster. I was fearing that he might have a heart attack. He just stood there, hugging me tighter. I didn't realise that I also had a tight grip on his shirt. I saw Walter with a worried expression but he just shook his head and gestured me to wait.

After what felt like a year, Stephen finally pulled apart and looked at me.

"Who is he?"

Well that's a question I have been asking myself as well. This bomb had been dropped on me so suddenly that Walter did not even tell me what to say in front of him.

"You had dropped Finley back home because he had to attend to his guests, remember? That family's son turned out to be gay as well. And he asked Finley out." Walter answered on my behalf, which was obviously a complete lie, because the family had a daughter, who was 4 years elder to me.

"And you agreed to it?" He was still looking at me with so much hurt in his eyes that I felt like dying there and then. I still couldn't understand why Walter was doing this. What did he want to achieve from this?

"I..I....couldn't say no to him Stephen. He seemed to be a nice guy." This was the only thing I could come up with. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Walter giving me a thumbs up.

Stephen kept looking at me. We were standing so close that if anyone would see us from a distance, he would definitely think that we are a couple having a romantic moment.

"I wanna meet him."

Meet him? Meet whom? The guy who did not even exist 5 minutes ago? That non-existent guy whom even I haven't seen? I instantly started panicking. I didn't know what to say now. Walter must have seen my dreadful face, because he came forward and put his arm over his shoulder.

"And why is that?"

"I want to see what kind of a person he is. I want to see if he is even worth being with Finley. I will not let any random person just waltz into his life and ask him out. He deserves the best and I will be the one to judge that."

And at that moment I completely fell in love with him. I was overwhelmed with the emotions he was showing at the moment. Although I hate jealousy, but the possessive jealousy that he was showing was a very big turn on for me.

"We'll see. But right now lets get to our classes. The first bell is about to ring."

-------------------

"You won't believe the way he has been acting the whole day. He seemed to be so lost in his own world. Although I hate seeing him so low and depressed but atleast his feelings for you are coming out."

It was lunch time and we were sitting at our usual place. Walter was very animatedly telling me about Stephen's behaviour and he seemed to be very excited about it.

"Why are you doing this Walter? I don't like seeing him the way he is now. There was so much hurt in his eyes when you told him about my date. And by the way, how will Stephen meet a guy who doesn't even exists?"

I was feeling so utterly bad. I just couldn't see my Stephen moping around.

"Give it one day Finny and then you will thank me."

I couldn't help but heave a long sigh. I started looking around lazily and that's when I saw Stephen entering the cafeteria. He looked so serious, not an ounce of happiness on his face. Anybody could make out that he was disturbed and unhappy. He looked around and came towards us when he saw us. He came and sat down very silently. I was watching his every move and it screamed unhappiness and defeated.

"Are you okay bunny?" I asked and put my hand on top of his. Since his head was bent down, I could not see his expression. I curled my fingers around his hand and squeezed a bit. After a minute, he curled his fingers so that we were holding each others hand. He slowly started moving his head up and then his eyes went to our hands. And when he looked up at me, I literally stopped breathing.

He had tears in his eyes.

Never had I ever thought that I would see him crying.

"Stephen?" His name came out in a whisper and I instantly looked at Walter for help. He nodded his head at me and took hold of Stephen's arm to get him up from his place. They went out of the cafeteria and I was left alone to chide myself for taking part in Walter's plan.

 ----------------------------------------

Hello,

It's short again. But I hope you will like it.

Please comment and vote.

-Saima