ParaNorman 2: Not so different (chapter 4)

Chapter 4

NORMAN

        After the dream was swallowed up by darkness, Norman shot up with wide eyes. The sunlight came in through the window, lighting up his room and causing him to blink a few times. What had he just witnessed? Ever since Norman had started having visions, he couldn't tell the difference between that and dreams. Norman shook his head as he began to wake up more. It was just a dream, right? 

His alarm clock suddenly went off, and forgetting about it before, it scared him half to death and caused him to knock it off of the dresser. With a heavy sigh, the zombie-like boy stumbled out of bed and picked it up before slipping on his slippers. That morning, breakfast had been a little awkward. Norman was stuck in his own thoughts, just staring at his plate of eggs and bacon. Aggie slowly ate but not that much, poking at the food when she wasn't busy chewing. She would glance at Norman a few times, then look away. Norman would glance at her a few times, and go back to thinking about the dream. His mom watched over them with a frown. "You two should get to school now, you're going to be late." She said, finally breaking the silence. Norman nodded and stood, walking out with Aggie following. On their way out, Mrs. Babcock gave them a kiss on the head and watched them until they were out of view. The way from Norman's house to school was never really long, but right now, to Norman, it felt like forever.

"Norman..." Aggie caught his attention, his eyes now on the pale girl's blue eyes. "Yeah?" He replied. He felt his heart speed up a bit, getting nervous as he wondered what she wanted him for. "Do you... not like me? Did i do something wrong?" He held back his relieved sigh and shook his head. "No, i've just..." He had to think of something to say, anything that WASN'T the vision of his. "I've just been having a lot of nightmares lately." He mumbled and stuffed his hands into the pockets of his blue jeans. He found somewhere else to look other than her eyes, finding a ghost he knew he hadn't seen before. He squinted his eyes for a second to get a closer look since this stranger was far from them. In the blink of an eye, it disappeared. He hadn't realized Aggie was talking to him the whole time and now stopped walking."Huh?" He turned his attention back to her and also stopped, turning to face her. "Sorry..." He rubbed the back of his neck. Aggie sighed lightly."I said, what are the nightmares about?" He really wished he hadn't turned his attention to her now. He shrugged. "They're all a blur." 

     It must've been around afternoon, and soon the bell rang and Norman was headed to the cafeteria. Before any of this witch stuff, he used to get his food and go to the bathroom to sit in one of the stalls while eating. Now, not many people bothered him and he had his friends to sit with who also weren't bothered by other kids. There they were, Salma and Neil, waiting for him. There was Aggie sitting right next to them. Norman took a seat and greeted them all. "So... you've met my cousin?" He asked the two. They nodded, and Salma added "She's very smart." Though it probably wasn't met for other ears, Norman could hear Neil mumble "And pretty..." Under his breath. Norman smiled a bit, but Aggie didn't seem to hear him. They all had a good lunch together, sharing laughs every few minutes from funny stories. But, Norman's mind let itself wander back to that vision he remembered so vividly. Why was it bothering him so much? Maybe it's because he only had visions when it was close to Agatha's anniversary. He shouldn't be having them again. 

     Norman had gone through the day, trying to distract himself from his thoughts but they just kept growing louder and louder in his head. As he walked down the halls, making his way to the entrance as school was now ending, he had noticed something funny about the walls. They were... peeling... When the lockers started peeling too, he knew exactly what was going on. "No...No not now! It's over! It has to be!" The light at the end of the hallway through the doors was the last thing he saw before everything went black. 

Author's Note

~Hi guys! Long time no...Story? I dunno. Anyways, i've been super busy with school and all, but i hope this chapter was good enough to update after 2 years!!! Hope you enjoy bye (:~~~~