ParaNorman 2: Not so different (Chapter 2)

• Dedicated to Milanda and Ginger

Chapter 2

Aggie

       Earlier:

"Now are you sure your going to be alright sweetie?" The woman asked. Aggie Babcock shook her head. "I'm sure mom, i'll be fine. I'm just going to see my cousin." Aggie's mother sighed, but let her go to her room to change. Her room wasn't like most girls'. Her's wasn't filled with pink and posters of boy bands, her's was filled with posters from zombie movies, ghost movies, black and red colors, and art supplies. She has been crazy about art ever since she was 4, when her dad left. Her mom had told her once that it was because he didn't like what she could do, but the art talent she thought Aggie had, isn't what her mother meant. .

She threw on a red long sleeve shirt, the sleeves covering up most of her hands. Then she slipped into some dark blue jeans that had rips where her knees were, a dark grey jacket, and converse. She didn't know what she should do with her hair, trying to put it up seven times in the bathroom mirror today. So she tried again. Her reflection had dark blue eyes and pale skin, and whenever she tried putting her dark brown hair up once again, it looked as if she had attacked it with scissors. So she just let her curly hair stay down, though most people thought it was pretty like that, she didn't like that it stayed the same all the time.

"Do you have everything you need? Cell phone? Bag?" Her mom asked floating by her. Yeah, floating. she wasn't exactly alive, but Aggie could still see her. She could talk to ghosts, and that might sound cool but there's a price to pay for being born 'special' or at least she thought that. The price she had to pay was being bullied by all the kids, being called freak by all of Blithe Hollow, no one believing her, even her uncle thought she was strange. But she never cried, not even one small tear, because her mom was always there for her dead or alive. "Check and Check. Mom i'll be fine don't worry like i said i'm just going to meet my cousin." Aggie said picking up her red shoulder-bag. Her mom shook her head. "I know, i know i'm just worried, anything could happen!" Her ghost said. Aggie smiled a bit and rolled her eyes. "Bye mom, see ya later." She said running downstairs. Her uncle Steve was sitting on the couch, watching football and drinking beer. Just what he did everyday. "Have fun." Her uncle said paying no attention to her after that. "Wait, before you leave, i want you to remember DO NOT tell them about your little lies, got it?" She rolled her eyes and nodded at her uncle. He turned back to his football game as Aggie ran out the door and rode all the way to the Babcock's house on her bike. She ran up to the front door and pressed the door bell.

Present:

  The door opened and there stood a boy about her age with dark brown hair that sticks up and dark blue eyes. They both looked at each other for a minute. He kind of looked like her, and that was just a little freaky. A tall woman with blonde hair came up behind him. "Well hello sweetie come in. This is your cousin, Norman say hi." She said. "Uh hi, i'm Norman." The boy said. "I'm Aggie.Nice to meet some new family." Aggie said trying to make it sound convincing that she actually wanted to be here, a place where they might call her a freak too. She didn't smile, but instead looked down and tried to be as quiet as possible, which wasn't hard for her. "Come on in. I'm making lunch right now and Norman's watching a movie, i'm sure he won't mind letting you watch it too." The woman, who must be Mrs. Babock, said. "Oh and by the way i'm Sandra and my husband is Perry and you have another cousin. Courtney! Get down here your cousin's at the door!" Mrs. Babcock yelled in the direction of the stairs. A teenage girl with blonde hair up in a ponytail, and a pink jump suit came downstairs holding a pink phone to her ear. "Ugh, sorry got to go call you later." She said snapping the phone shut. "I'm Courtney." Is all she said then she opened her phone again and went back up stairs.

Mrs. Babcock led Aggie into the living room and she and Norman sat down in front of the TV. "You like dawn of the dead?" Aggie said looking away from the screen to Norman. He nodded then said "Why? Do you not like it?" "No,This is my favorite movie." Aggie answered. "Mine too." He said. "So maybe we do have some things in common." Aggie said. The next few hours they didn't speak, but instead just kept their eyes glued to the screen. But even though Aggie was paying attention to only the movie, she started thinking, maybe she will like her family. Maybe....

~this story is dedicated to my aunt who's not here anymore but inspired me to keep going and never give up and if it wasn't for her then i would have never wrote any of these stories, thanks Milanda. This is also dedicated to a dog who was my best friend but isn't here either, Thanks for being the best dog Ginger, thanks you two i miss you. Ok well hope you enjoyed this~