ParaNorman 2: Not so different

Chapter 1

Norman

 Norman Babcock's alarm clock went off, a green plastic zombie hand coming through a hole from the bottom of the alarm clock, and a groaning noise coming from it. He joined the groaning of the alarm clock as he opened his eyes and hit the red button to turn it off. Norman pushed the covers off, and once his feet hit the cold wooden ground he slipped his zombie slippers on. You could tell he loved zombies just by walking into his room, where posters from movies like Dawn of the Dead were hung all over the wall by his bed, and little zombie action figures sat on a shelf. "Norman! Courtney! come downstairs! We need to talk to you!" Mrs. Babcock called from downstairs. As if he were a zombie, he dragged himself downstairs and was sat down on the couch by his parents. They patiently waited for Courtney, Norman's older sister, to come downstairs to. And after a few minutes of hearing nothing but courtney's music turned high from upstairs, they all finally heard footsteps. "Yeah mom? I'm, like, talking to a friend about something, like, really super important, can't this wait?" Courtney said putting more lip gloss on and holding a pink phone with diamonds on it in the other hand. Her mom nodded and motioned her to sit down by Norman on the couch. She sighed and rolled her eyes before closing the phone and sitting down. "Ok so today, your cousin's coming over!" Mrs. Babcock said smiling. Cousin? Since when did i have a cousin? Norman thought. "What cousin?" Courtney asked as if she were reading Norman's mind. "Well, She's your age Norman, and she lives with her uncle here, i just know you're both going to love her!" Their mom said smiling and putting her hands together. "So you both get ready she'll be here at 1." Mrs. Babcock told them. They both went back upstairs, Courtney turning her music up high again and Norman getting ready for a cousin he didn't know he had. He started wondering what she was like, did she like zombies? Dawn of the dead? Did she look like Norman? But the big question that kept bouncing around in his head was, could she speak to the dead to? Norman thought he should just wait and see, but right now he had to get ready.

He was getting a grey shirt with red long-sleeves, when something from a shelf in his closet fell and hit his head. "ow." He said looking down. It was the book uncle Prenderghast gave Norman to stop the "Blithe Hollow witch". But hadn't Aggie burned it? How was it just perfectly fine and in his closet? He picked it up and opened the book to pages of fairy tales. But he stopped flipping through them and paused on one that had a different kind of story. It read:

Once there was a little girl with a special gift. No one understood her, they were all scared of her. So they did this terrible thing, they killed her. But she cursed them to come back as the undead. See, every year she'd wake up and play this mean game, but she didn't play fair. This game kept going, until a little boy just like her came. He told her this story. He told her how there was some good people in the world. He told her that she wasn't a witch, just a little kid with a special gift. She didn't listen at first, but then she let him talk to her, and it actually helped. And even though she's resting in peace because of this boy, she still thanks him from where she is now. Thanks, Norman.

Norman was too shocked to even move after reading it. How'd she do this? He shook off the shocked face and smiled a bit, but was also kind of sad. He did miss Aggie, a lot. and he knew he couldn't do anything to bring her back to earth. But this page did make him feel better, something to remember everything that happened. He tore the page out and lied it on his bed, and after changing into his shirt, dark blue jeans, and red tennis shoes, he stuffed the page in his pocket then put on his red coat. "Your welcome, Aggie." He whispered, then walked back downstairs.

Norman sat in front of the TV on the floor and turned on a zombie movie, waiting for time to pass. The movie was just at the good part where the zombie finally caught up with the teenage girl and was just about to bite a chunk out of her head, but he had to get up when the doorbell rang. He looked at the clock by the door and it was already 1:00. Time to meet his cousin.