Chapter 2

Thailand's Pov

"We should've asked for directions," Laos sighed.

I nodded in agreement. We walked through the corridor and went past countless teachers awkwardly.

"What was the room called again?" I asked while looking at the door label.

Computer room, computer room 2, language room, I read the labels in my mind and turned back to make sure my siblings were okay. Cambodia was pretty quiet.

"Is it that room?" Laos asked while pointing at it.

I peeked through the window and managed to get a glance of the students inside. I nodded to Laos as I saw Vietnam sitting at the back of the classroom alone. I said nothing more and led them to the door. Before I knocked and opened the door, I checked the label.

"You guys took a while," Myanmar commented.

  Cambodia, Laos and I stood at the door as Uncle Asean paused his lesson. He didn't seem to be upset or annoyed that we were late as he'd usually be.

  "Come have a seat," He said calmly, "I don't blame you, the change was so random."

  "Yeah, we got a little lost," Cambodia said shyly while nodding.

  "Anyway, back to the lesson..."

  I wasn't one to actually enjoy school but time went by pretty quickly, I wished it lasted a little longer. It was a fun lesson with laughter filling the air as Uncle Asean tolerated the noise and jokes as usual.

The second bell rang, indicating that an hour had passed. Uncle Asean glanced at the clock then at us. He looked at his table and gave out a stack of papers.

"Please complete this worksheet, I have a meeting to attend," he explained quickly, "when you're done, use your time wisely and if I'm not back by the next hour, you may leave for recess."

I completed it quickly, it wasn't too hard to begin with. It was fairly easy and I placed my worksheet at the corner of the desk, looking around at my classmates. I saw Mal and Indo still doing their work, Phil was drawing and talking with them. Next to me, Singa and Brunei were chatting while Singa seemed to be working on a different worksheet at the same time.

I saw Cam and Myanmar doing their work together while Laos read his story book. Viet was sitting next to Laos but the two never conversed. I glanced at the clock just when the bell rang. Half an hour more to go, I sighed and walked over to Singa and Brunei.