Chapter 9

*Kakashi P.O.V.*

When I woke up the next morning I saw that both Rika and Chaos were still sleeping.

-Poor guys. They must be exhausted.- I thought to myself and got out of bed and went downstairs to start breakfast.

I cooked some pancakes and bacon for Rika and and I cooked some thing of sausage for Chaos. I turned around to look at the clock.

-8:30. Maybe I should have waited until later to cook.-

I put all of the food on plates and set them on the table. I took a seat at the table and pulled out my 'Icha-Icha-Paradise' book.

-I'll just read some before they wake up.-

I was reading for about 5 minutes when I heard a noise from the stairs. (I'm making it so that Kakashi lives in an apartment but he does have stairs. His room and bathroom and guest room is upstairs. The guest room is not ready yet. He doesn't have a bed in there so that's why Rika and Chaos slept in his room :) ) Rika came down the stairs looking like she was still tired, but then I noticed something different.

"Rika. Why are you wearing my shirt?" I asked her smiling under my mask. (She pulled the shirt tight and tyed it with a hair tie. You know? That's how she is able to wear it.)

"When I woke up I was cold, and you were gone, I didn't know what to do." She said tiredly.

"I'm sorry. I came down to cook breakfast. Do you want some?" I asked making a gesture to the plate in front of me.

She nodded and her stomach growled. I chuckled and opened my arms and said, "Come here."

She slowly walked up to me and I picked her up and set her on my lap. I saw her smile and grab a piece of bacon.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." I said smiling.

I reached around her, grabbed a piece of bacon, pulled down my mask, and quickly ate the bacon and pulled up the mask before she turned around.

She turned around and pouted at me. "Not again." She said sadly and started to drink some milk out of the cup I left her.

"You'll see what is under this mask eventually. Just not any time soon." I said smirking.

"Meanie." She mumbled. Then Chaos came downstairs, barked, and jumped on the chair across from us and started eating his breakfast.

After we all got done Rika went upstairs to change and when she came back downstairs I said to her, "Come on we have to go to the Hokage's to see how you're doing here."

"Oh...alright." She said nervously.

"Don't worry he is just going to talk to you." I said trying to calm her down and apparently is worked because she seemed happier.

I transported us outside of the Hokage's office and we knocked on the door.

"Come in." We heard.

We opened the door and saw that Iruka and Ibiki were already there.

"You're late Kakashi." The Hokage said sighing.

"I'm sorry we had to help a lady cross the street."

The Hokage sighed and said, "Come here."

As I walked towards his desk I noticed Rika grabbed my hand and followed closely to me.

"Rika." The Hokage said to her, "Are you liking it here so far?"

She looked up at me then at the Hokage and nodded her head.

He looked back up at me and said, "What all have you guys done?"

"We went shopping for her ninja clothes, ate ramen at Ichiraku's, and we went walking." I said, but as I was talking I didn't realize that Rika let go of my hand and was by the Hokage tugging on his robe.

"Rika-" I started but the Hokage held up his hand in a 'Wait-a-second- kind of gesture.

He leaned down and she whispered something to him. He smiled and patted her head and said something back to her.

She walked over to Iruka and waved at him and he smiled, waved back, and kneeled in front of her.

They started talking and the Hokage said, "Kakashi. She seems to be opening up more. She's making good progress by opening up to you three. I think she likes it here a lot." He said chuckling looking at Rika and Iruka.

Rika was sitting on the ground in front of Iruka and they were playing rock, paper, scissors.

Rika picked scissors and Iruka picked rock. He said, "I won." And Rika put her hands over his that was still in the 'rock' position and she said, "Now I win."

I chuckled and looked at the Hokage and asked him, "What did Rika whisper to you earlier?"

"Oh that. Well she said that she really liked it here and that you were nicer than anyone who has taken care of her before."

I smiled under my mask and the Hokage spoke again, "Kakashi. Tomorrow we will enroll her in Iruka's class and in a week we will be announcing teams. I will need you to be there."

"Hai, Lord Hokage." I told him and walked over to Rika who was messing with Iruka's hands trying to figure out how to make scissors beat rock.

I laughed and picked her up. "Let's go little genious. We have to get home."

"But I have to figure out how scissors beats rock." She said with a pout.

"It doesn't." I told her still laughing.

"Well it should." She said crossing her arms.

I laughed, picked her up, put her on my back, and we started walking out the Hokage's door.