Chapter 5

"W-wait. What?" I asked with wide eyes.

-Chaos. I can't live with strangers. I mean I know I like three of them but still, once they really know me they will see how different I am and they will kick me out and I will have to live outside again.-

-Don't worry Rika. I will make sure that you stay safe. I will protect you.-

I got out of Kakashi's grip and started walking backwards. "I...I can't...I don't want to be a bother."

"You're not being a bother." The Hokage said smiling.

"Yes I am. All the jounin should be doing their jobs and watching over the village to make sure it's safe but instead everyone's here because of me. I'm already being a bother." I said sadly.

"We don't think you are a bother." Iruka said coming up and patting my head.

"Don't lie."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "I'm not lying to you. We don't think you're a bother. I promise."

"Do you pinky promise?" I asked shyly holding up my pinky.

He chuckled again and said, "Yes. I pinky promise." And he linked his pinky with mine.

I looked up at him and smiled and he smiled back at me.

"So Rika, are you okay living with one of our jounins?" The Hokage asked and I nodded my head yes.

"Alright. So it seems you're opening up to Iruka, Kakashi, and Ibiki so it will be one of them."

"Why not me! I can show her all the ways to be youthful!" Gai yelled.

I flinched when he yelled and Chaos ran over to me.

-Are you okay?-

-Yeah Chaos. He just scared me, that's all.-

-If you say so Rika.- He rubbed his head up against my hand and I started to pet him.

"What just happened?" Gai asked.

"Well I think it's obvious." Kakashi started. "When you yelled Rika got scared causing her to flinch. When she flinched, Chaos must have thought she was hurt and he ran to protect her. Am I right?" He looked at me.

"Yes sir." I said quietly. "I'm sorry Gai-sensei. I'm just not used to people being that loud."

Gai grinned and said, "It's alright and I guess I myslef should learn how to start being quieter."

I smiled at him and went back to petting Chaos.

"So Rika. Who would you like to live with? The Hokage asked me.

"Uh...um...I...I...I don't know."

"Would you like me to pick someone for you?"

I shook my head no and looked across the room.

-Who are you thinking of choosing?- Chaos asked me.

-I don't know. I just hope whoever I choose is nice to me.- I replied.

I walked up to the Hokage and tugged on his robe. He looked down at me and kneeled down so he was my height.

"I know who I choose." I said quietly.

The Hokage smiled and said, "Who is it?"

I leaned towards him and whispered the persons name.The Hokage smiled and said, "I think that's a good choice."

"Wait." I said quietly and whispered other stuff to him.

He looked shocked but then said, "Okay. I think that's a great idea."

He stood up and looked at all the jounin. "Can everybody but Ibiki, Iruka, and Kakashi leave."