20

We started the day off with a test in Mr. Cassidy's class. We barely managed to study last night and we were all tired and out of it. I knew a good bit of the things on the test, and others I had a little trouble with. If I had to grade myself, I'd say I at least made a B.

The rest of the day went by more quickly than usual. Well, apart from hearing Sage complain about the test and asking me what my answers were for most of the questions which seemed to slow the day down from explaining almost every answer.

After school, Sage suggested we all take a walk and hang out in the town. So he rode with Terry and Kai, I hopped on the back of Tera's motorcycle, and we headed off towards town.

We parked in a parking lot behind the local bank. We always thought of it as a good parking spot, considering we wouldn't get robbed in a place usually filled with security inside and out. If anything, we could've parked outside of the police department.

I hopped off of the bike and stood by the car and waited for the guys to get out. Once everything was locked up, we headed towards the sidewalk and started down the street.

The streets weren't as filled with cars as you'd expect, considering our population is pretty small. But there were still people, young and old. Most of the time when school gets out there are usually students hanging out in the coffee shop or the park. It wasn't such a big or populated place, but Natánik wasn't very boring either. It had life in it, even if the people act territorial.

We were coming up along the cafe that we usually went to when suddenly Tera froze in place. I noticed because she had a grip on my hand as usual.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

Sage and the others were a little ahead of us when Sage spoke up. "Oh, he's pretty cute." He said, sounding intrigued.

I followed their gaze at the guy who was standing at the window of the pawn shop, looking inside at the goods. He was around my height. Sort of short black hair that went just past his ears, and when he turned, his eyes were icy blue. He wore a black coat with a dark blue tee underneath with jeans that matched the color of the shirt and old work boots.

He turned and his expression was blank. He stared at us, specifically Tera and I. I didn't like the way he was looking at us. It sent a little bit of fear through me. Wait, was this guy...

He slowly started making his way over to us. Every step he took, her grip tightened on my hand. She eventually started to slowly move me behind her. I heard a low growl rumbling inside of her chest.

He was to Tera's right when he slowed down. His eyes were to the corner, which made it seem like he was trying to make it look like he didn't know her.

His pace slowed. "Excuse me." He told her casually as he continued walking past. He glanced over at me, and down at our hands. He turned back forward and continued down the sidewalk.

"Man, who was that guy?" Sage asked, clearly intrigued. "I've never seen a cutie like that around here before."

Terry shook his head. "Neither have I. He must be passing through."

Kai stood quiet, watching. He was looked at the guy, and at me, then Tera. One thing about Kai is that he's very observant. And judging from what just happened, it's clear to know that he noticed what the others didn't. He knew there was a problem.

Sage and Terry kept walked along the sidewalk, but Kai slowed down to match our pace. He got beside me and leaned his face towards my ear.