HIM

Being in love wasn’t half bad. Jonah had been terrified of it, once, but every day he spent with Cara felt like a revelation.

He couldn’t help falling; she was the most intriguing girl he’d ever dated, even more now that they could interact without the screen of his anonymity between them.

And she was so beautiful it was distracting. Her green eyes were bewitching, and she was prettiest with her hair wild in the wind, curled from the damp of the evening, like it was now as she stood in the bleachers with Laurie, watching his team practice.

“Heads up!” someone yelled, and Jonah couldn’t move fast enough to keep the ball from smashing into his torso, knocking the air from him for a moment.

“Keep your head in the game, babe!” Cara called, laughing her raucous laugh. He blew her a kiss, and she mimed grabbing it and placing it against her forehead.

“Man, I thought I had it bad with Laurie,” Gareth said next to Jonah, taking the ball from him. “You get any more whipped, and we’ll have to spoon you from a bowl.”

Jonah laughed and tore his gaze away from his new girlfriend. That didn’t sound bad at all.

#

After practice, Jonah drove Cara to the off-campus apartment his big brother rented for him.

It was a really nice place – nicer than a college student could afford, anyway – and Cara said so the first time he took her there.

That had led into an unexpectedly easy conversation about their families – about his brother who worked in the UK, running the empire their parents had left them while they took off on a retirement globe-trotting spree, about his brother’s best friend, who was practically his guardian, about Cara’s unconventional Florida-born-and-bred parents, how life had been for her as an only child…

He’d never thought he’d enjoy just talking to someone for hours; he was more touching than feelings, better with his hands than his mouth, unless, of course, he wasn’t using his mouth for talking.

But with Cara, it was like he couldn’t stop talking or wanting to.

“You know you’re going to have to feed me, right?” Cara said, looking sideways at Jonah as he pulled up into the driveway.

He rolled his eyes and laughed. “I get the feeling you’re only dating me for my skills in the kitchen.”

“You know what they say, baby. The way to a woman’s heart is through her gut. So why don’t you,” she leaned over the center console and kissed him lightly, “get to stuffing me from one end, so we can get to stuffing me from the other end too. Hmm?”

Jonah felt his cock jump under his fly then let out a low groan when Cara cupped her hand over its pulsing length.

“Maybe we can switch the order up,” she whispered, biting his ear lobe, and he put his hand over hers, the imagery of her astride him, her gorgeous breasts bouncing up and down as she took what she needed flashing through his mind and pushing him closer to the edge.

“Food first,” he groaned, pulling her hand away.

She pouted but capitulated easily, throwing her door open before he could get out another word.

“Do you have any idea how ridiculously hot your ability to cook makes you?” Cara asked later, as she scarfed down her food.

Jonah watched her over the marble countertop with an amused smile.

The kitchen had been designed in the minimalist style the entire apartment favored, with polished steel appliances, sleek surfaces in neutral blacks and greys and whites.