♞ Chapter 3 ♞

filly ch 3

Myley was out in the barn trying to get the morning chores done before she went to help her momma get ready for the party. She was so excited about tonight, wondering just how her outfit would effect Harley when she slipped it on and wore it out into the party. She hadn't wore anything that daring before but she knew she wasn't dealing with some school boy either. This was Harley an old Fashioned, hard working rancher and she wanted to dress in a way that would excite  him, she knew she was playing with fire but she also knew she could trust him.

She jumped when she felt hands wrap around her waist, "Oh sweet Myley, come on dump that big lug and spend the night with me." Dusty laughed as Myley turned around laughing with him and slapping him on her shoulder and arm. "Get off me you big goof."

They played tossing hay at one another as Dusty kept grabbing for her and she would slap him and toss another handful of hay at him. "Dusty, I can't get shit done with you." She laughed and finally Dusty jumped wrapping his arms around her he threw her over his shoulder and carried her out of the barn. Laughing as her little fists glanced off his back as she kicked and screamed through her laughter, "Dusty put me down you big lug."
She laughed but Dusty kept going until he plunked her down on a bail of hay that had been set in the middle of the yard. All the boys stood around including Harley looking down at her with amusement in his eyes. "Pop didn't want to wait until tonight to give you your graduation-birthday present. It's too big, so he is gonna give it to you now. I was sent to fetch ya while they got ready." Dusty said with a laugh. Myley looked at him and shook her head, "So you decided to pick a fight with me in the mean time." She laughed and shook her head again. "You are a mess."
She said and turned as Luke pulled up in a sparkle silver colored 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ with a black soft top. Myley's mouth dropped, "Seriously?" She said in wonder, the boys laughed, "Seriously, Myley." She jumped up with a squeal and a laugh and jumped up on Luke smothering him with kisses. Luke laughed loud and hard as he held her up. "It's from all of us honey." he said with a raised brow asking if she was gonna kiss them all. She looked over her shoulder to the guys and then sliding down Luke and standing in front of him she curled her cute little nose. "I have to kiss them all? You can take it back." She mumbled and laughed when the guys all hollered in offense.
She hugged and kissed the cheeks of all the boys, Harley getting a quick peck on his lips instead...Leave it to Dusty. "Hey no fair, I wanted a kiss on the lips." He whined with a laugh, Harley pulled her to him, "Then go find your own girl." He scowled at Dusty before they all busted up laughing again.

"Here honey." Luke called as he tossed her the keys. "Oh my gosh, thanks y'all, this means the world to me." She said excitedly. "We knew it would honey that's why we did it." Harley said with a kiss to her head. Myley giggled and jumped in the jeep to move it out of the yard and off to the side of the yard. "Hey Myley want us to tie a big bow on the spare tire carrier so everyone knows it's your present or the party?" Kevin asked, "Oh that be great guys." She smiled, "I guess I need to go shower and change so I can help momma with the food."
Myley turned to sprint inside but was stopped by Luke booming voice. "You will do no such thing. I know your birthday isn't technically till 6 pm tonight but you will do no more work till Monday, little girl." Myley looked distressed, "What about momma and all that food." She said worriedly.
"Well I will help with the grilling out here and Dusty here being the youngest will work in the kitchen or whatever she needs." The boys laughed at Dusty cursed and smiling and evil smile Myley looked over at Dusty, "Uh huh and you asked me to toss Harley over and take you, huh, I don't date the kitchen help." She joked since she was usually the kitchen help and everyone roared at her smart comment as Dusty chased her and she ran for the house.

When she walked down the steps her hair flowing loose and her shorts outfit snug to her body Dusty stopped dead in his tracks never seeing her dressed like this before and whistled, "Holy smokes" He whispered and Myley giggled, "Really?" Dusty laughed, "Girl you have no clue, I don't think I can let you out the door dressed as such, my brother is gonna steal you away to some secluded corner before the party even starts." Mrs B. looked at Myley and with raised eyebrows, "Honey, take that cute little butt out there and find Harley. Might as well get it over with, don't make that boy suffer that outfit with 20 people in the yard without a warning first." She said with a laugh secretly agreeing with Dusty and knowing Harley was going to swallow his tongue.
Myley nervously went in search of Harley, she didn't have to look far, he was leaning over one of the wood posts of a horse paddock watching the horses.