Episode 30

Cygny

I eye myself through the mirror. I smile while staring at myself in a pastel blue shirt and a white jumper shorts. I smile more as I rake my eyes to my favorite black boots.

It's already nine o'clock in the evening and I am waiting for the ninja-sort-of-arrival of Hue. I know, any moment he will show up to my balcony with his God knows speed that I really can't get used to.

And on cue, just like I am thinking about him, his head suddenly showed up from the terrace of my balcony. In a blink of an eye, he is now standing on my balcony with his awkward smile.

Napangiti ako nang makita na ang kanyang suot. He is now wearing a pink shirt, white pants and a pair of white nike shoes. Jeez, he is stupid hot.

He opened the transparent door with a shy smile. "Don't stare at me as if you just saw my dick." He laughed forcedfully and I scowl at him.

"You looked like a... ken doll." Walking towards him, I said with a small voice.

"Is that a compliment or an insult?"

I just roll my eyes playfully. I am hiding my smile. The fact that he is so clueless on how cute he is right now makes him look more attractive to my eyes.

A few minutes after, he is now navigating his car towards God knows place he'll take me.

"Can I atleast know where we are heading?" I faced him with a scrunched nose.

But as always, he didn't bother answering me. Instead, he reached for his phone and played music. The music is now booming inside the car. It is so loud that I can't even hear my own breathing.

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Ooh woh

Oh, I know this song.

Won't you come see about me?
I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby

It's the song he played when we are escaping Gonzalo's house!

Tell me your troubles and doubts
Giving me everything inside and out and
Love's strange so real in the dark
Think of the tender things that we were working on

I turned the volume down a bit. Facing him, my smile started to grow. "I like this song."

"It's Don't You (Forget About Me) by Smash Mouth." He answered while steadying his eyes on the road.

"You know what? Parang narinig ko na itong kanta somewhere. Hindi ko lang matandaan." I put my hand on my chin, trying to remember where the hell I heard the song.

"Pitch Perfect."

I quickly turn my gaze to him. "Yes!" My eyes danced in amusement. "It was the song that The Barden Bellas," I cough, "no, that Beca sang on the final round of the national competition!"

He just rolled his eyes playfully and I continue to listen to the song with an amused smile.

"So, is this your favorite song?" I said after a few moments.

He nodded. "I always love old songs but this one is my favorite after I met you."

Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata.

"This song happened to play while I am having the best moment of my life with the girl that I love. So, yeah. This is my favorite song." Although it's dark, his perfect facial features are still evident to the dim lights.

I blink, I am processing what he just said. Pero napalunok ako ng laway nang biglang bumilis ang pagtibok ng puso ko.

He chuckled. "Anyway, we are heading to Alabang. In case you are curious but I know that your inner nosy self is dying to know it."