Chapter 5

I had to pee. Like badly.

I was trying to ignore the feeling for a while cause I thought we would get to wherever we were going, but we haven't. It's not that I don't want to pee in the woods, because I do that all the time. It's just that sam probably wouldn't let me out of his sight, and that makes me uncomfortable.

I also really didn't want to say anything because we had been walking in complete silence for at least an hour, and I didn't want to break the silence by saying I had to go to the bathroom.

I took a deep breath, ready to say it, when sam turned his head to look at me, and it was as if he read my mind.

"I think we should stop walking for a while", he said,"it's getting dark and I'm exhausted."

I let out a sigh of relief and said a little thank you prayer in my head.

Out loud I said "ok great I'll find a place where we can rest."

I walked across the overgrown trail and into the forest. The pain in my leg was almost completely gone, and there was only a small cut to show that anything had happened.

I quickly did my business, hoping sam couldn't see me. The area was so overgrown that the chances of being able to see beyond a couple yards wasn't likely.

I stood completely still, as I do often, closed my eyes, and listened. I heard the crickets making their annoying little noise, and the rustle of leaves caused by small animals. I opened my eyes slowly, looking around. On the side of the path- which was just barely visible- I saw sam. He had his phone pressed to his ear, and he was sitting onto of a fallen tree. He was clearly talking on the phone and I could faintly make out parts of the conversation.

"...got her"

"Few more miles...no..."

"...forest..."

As he talked, the corners of his mouth tugged down, and his eyebrows knit together. I guessed that whoever Sam was talking to probably had control over him- and now me. Maybe his boss or something.

But I didn't want anyone to have conrol over me; it's why I ran, to get away from controling people.The sun had almost completely set and every direction I looked there were trees, blocking him from seeing me. I kept my eyes locked on the back of his head as I slowly backed up, easing my weight from my toes to my heals. I didn't want to find out who he was talking to. Ever. 

Just as I was about to sprint off through the woods, my damn heel caught on a fallen branch. I really wish i had grabbed my Vans before I left for the club. If I had thought about the chances of ending up where i am now, I definately would've. But I didn't, so I'm screwed. I stumbled back trying to catch my balance. Thank god there were so many trees or I would've landed in the disgusting mud and ruined the only clothes i had.

I grabbed onto a thin tree trunk just before I could hit the ground. I straightened my posture and fixed my dress knowing how retarded I must've looked. I took a deep breath, sighing, knowing I lost my chance. Sam had probably heard me, so I was just gonna walk to the path like nothing happened.

I turned and started walking back when I ran full force into something. Looking up slowing, my gaze was met with Sam's hard stare. He grabbed my wrist, clenching his jaw, as he spun around, walking towards the path.

I could hear a long string of cuss words coming from him as he reached the path, pulling me behind him.

"Just stay here, I need to make a call", he said coldly.

I was exhausted ( like more than usual) so I gently sat down on the ground getting comfortable. I gathered all my hair into my hands then laid down on my back, letting my hair fall in long spirals along the grass. There was a small clearing in the canopy above and the sky was beautiful and clear.

I laid there star gazing, thinking about how I was gonna get out of this.